I have recently heard from two film makers who have had problems with their applications for the UK Film Tax Credit, regarding their cultural test. I asked Ivan to advise, and here is what he had to say… One of the most important things to learn about the UK Film Tax Credit is how to [...]
Why would anyone invest in your film? A producer and entrepreneur I know (who I won’t name) recently shared with me her views on film investment at the lower budget end, with specific regard to private investment. What’s interesting about this person is that she has had an extremely successful career in business before changing [...]
We have some exciting news about the London Screenwriters’ Festival this year. We are running a number of new initiatives and can finally announce the first… Get Your Script Performed at the Actors Table Read. As a delegate of the LSF, you can submit a sequence from your script (up to four pages) to the [...]
This weekend we held the London Doc Summit and the feedback has been awesome. You can read below. One delegate contacted me about his very first attempt at doc filmmaking, and I said I would share this on the blog. Here’s what he said… ‘Just a quick email to say thank you for this weekend. [...]
This weekend we held the London Doc Summit, which aside from some technical hitches, was a resounding success. One video I wanted to share with you is this excellent TED talk on Crowdfunding, that was brought to my attention by Janey Stephenson (@vegetarianjelly), one of our wonderful delegates. It’s really worth a watch. I will [...]
The Doc Summit is back this weekend and there are a handful of passes left. The Documentary Summit is a two day professional filmmaker conference with seminars from expert speakers and networking, it offers a unique opportunity to connect, share and collaborate. Join the movement now. Above is a session from the last Doc Summit [...]
We are delighted to release the 50 Kisses promo today. Please share with everyone you know on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest – everywhere! Embed on your site and get it out there for the world to see. Short Tweet link here… bit.ly/Nne8cV Use video embed code here… <iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/65914231?byline=0&color=e00206″ width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″></iframe> It is worth [...]
I just wanted to mark this day on my blog by posting the Space Oddity video, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station. For me, it’s cool on so many levels. Cool that he did it where he did it. Cool that he chose that track. Cool that he takes it [...]
We are in the process of launching a new channel for screenwriting training called www.RadioLSF.com and we invited composers to submit tracks – if selected they would be featured on the channel. Consequently, I have just listened to around 1,000 tracks from emerging composers and have learned a great deal about new musical talent in [...]
Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections!
Last week we recorded and extraordinary session at the London Breakfast Club with producer Iain Smith – it was just crammed with wisdom and bite sized gems for filmmakers, writers and of course producers. My personal favourite anecdote? If audiences like your production after a year, it’s a movie. If they like it after a [...]
This weekend gone, Richard Holmes ran his Advanced Producing workshop which was a resounding success. It was crammed with hard won lessons, delivered with charm and wit and spectacularly open an authentic. If you would like info on when we run this event again, sign up below. ‘Sage advice from a prolific producer’ Mike Mindel, [...]
Ray Harryhausen died today. When I think about the movies, I think of magic and great magicians. My own love of the ‘illusion’ was what first drew to me filmmaking. Cinema history has enjoyed several landmark visual effects moments – ‘King Kong’ and Willis O’Brien, ‘The Thing’ and Rob Bottin, ‘Star War’s and that Star [...]
A week or two back, Filmmaker Jordan Clarke shared some of his personal nightmares on his own film regarding chain of title and how it nearly killed the production dead – you can read that post here. I asked hi to expand into a bullet list and here it is… Top 5 DIY Filmmaking Mistakes [...]
Yesterdays Advanced Producing masterclass with Richard Holmes was a HUGE success. I thought I would share some of the Twitter love with you. You can follow Richard on Twitter at @BigRichFilms. garethidavies: Hats off to @BigRichFilms & @livingspiritpix for an EXCEPTIONAL 1 day, info-tastic deconstruction in how to produce a £1M+ Movie! jamestovell: 58 pages [...]
If you haven’t seen it yet, watch it now… Onwards and upwards! Chris Jones My movies www.LivingSpiritGroup.com My Facebook www.Facebook.com/ChrisJonesFilmmaker My Twitter @LivingSpiritPix Sign up to my mailing list for updates on events, books and free film making tools
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- How to Speed Up Your Cultural Test When Applying For The UK Film Tax Credit May 24, 2013
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- crosschannelFL: RT @Bang2write: #FF - #GFilm ppl: @livingspiritpix @londonswf @scriptmag @jeannevb @jkamalou @sothcott @paultanter Follow these guys for #filmmaking insight »
- Bang2write: #FF - #GFilm ppl: @livingspiritpix @londonswf @scriptmag @jeannevb @jkamalou @sothcott @paultanter Follow these guys for #filmmaking insight »
- filmandfestmag: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tip for making application for UK tax credit, save headaches http://t.co/U5gM9Sjzmt #Gfilm »
- grahaminman: How to Speed Up Your Cultural Test When Applying For The #UK #Film Tax Credit http://t.co/kJqeG6dc8K via @LivingSpiritPix #GFilm »
- View All