The Doc Summit is back this weekend and there are a handful of passes left. The Documentary Summit is a two day professional filmmaker conference with seminars from expert speakers and networking, it offers a unique opportunity to connect, share and collaborate. Join the movement now. Above is a session from the last Doc Summit [...]
We are delighted to release the 50 Kisses promo today. Please share with everyone you know on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest – everywhere! Embed on your site and get it out there for the world to see. Short Tweet link here… bit.ly/Nne8cV Use video embed code here… <iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/65914231?byline=0&color=e00206″ width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″></iframe> It is worth [...]
I just wanted to mark this day on my blog by posting the Space Oddity video, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station. For me, it’s cool on so many levels. Cool that he did it where he did it. Cool that he chose that track. Cool that he takes it [...]
We are in the process of launching a new channel for screenwriting training called www.RadioLSF.com and we invited composers to submit tracks – if selected they would be featured on the channel. Consequently, I have just listened to around 1,000 tracks from emerging composers and have learned a great deal about new musical talent in [...]
Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections!
Last week we recorded and extraordinary session at the London Breakfast Club with producer Iain Smith – it was just crammed with wisdom and bite sized gems for filmmakers, writers and of course producers. My personal favourite anecdote? If audiences like your production after a year, it’s a movie. If they like it after a [...]
This weekend gone, Richard Holmes ran his Advanced Producing workshop which was a resounding success. It was crammed with hard won lessons, delivered with charm and wit and spectacularly open an authentic. If you would like info on when we run this event again, sign up below. ‘Sage advice from a prolific producer’ Mike Mindel, [...]
Ray Harryhausen died today. When I think about the movies, I think of magic and great magicians. My own love of the ‘illusion’ was what first drew to me filmmaking. Cinema history has enjoyed several landmark visual effects moments – ‘King Kong’ and Willis O’Brien, ‘The Thing’ and Rob Bottin, ‘Star War’s and that Star [...]
A week or two back, Filmmaker Jordan Clarke shared some of his personal nightmares on his own film regarding chain of title and how it nearly killed the production dead – you can read that post here. I asked hi to expand into a bullet list and here it is… Top 5 DIY Filmmaking Mistakes [...]
Yesterdays Advanced Producing masterclass with Richard Holmes was a HUGE success. I thought I would share some of the Twitter love with you. You can follow Richard on Twitter at @BigRichFilms. garethidavies: Hats off to @BigRichFilms & @livingspiritpix for an EXCEPTIONAL 1 day, info-tastic deconstruction in how to produce a £1M+ Movie! jamestovell: 58 pages [...]
If you haven’t seen it yet, watch it now… Onwards and upwards! Chris Jones My movies www.LivingSpiritGroup.com My Facebook www.Facebook.com/ChrisJonesFilmmaker My Twitter @LivingSpiritPix Sign up to my mailing list for updates on events, books and free film making tools
Final Call: Advanced Producing with Richard Holmes this Saturday £99 reduced to £69 with discount code CHRISJONES http://www.advancedproducing.com I have just spent the last few days compiling clips and working with Richard for his masterclass this Saturday. Going through his films, it’s amazing just how many he has made, and what an extremely high success [...]
// 50 Kisses is nearing completion and we hope to release a promo very soon – details of what will happen to the feature film will follow shortly afterward. I just got word that Team StoryDigital also released their version of ‘Neil’ on the web, so we can now show it to you (above). What [...]
Advanced Producing with Richard Holmes When: May 4th Where: Regents College Where: www.AdvancedProducing.com How Much: £99 inc VAT (get £30 off with code CHRISJONES) Richard has just wrapped his 10th feature film this weekend and is now prepping his masterlclass, bringing it up to date and compiling clips and documents for the attending delegates. If [...]
Filmmaker Jordan Clarke has mounted an Indiegogo campaign to raise money to create a free legal resource for filmmakers about chain of title. Sounds dull? It is. BUT… without chain of title, your film will remain that thing you show your friends and family, explaining ‘it could have been huge if only I had taken [...]
This morning I got this email from Rob Millis from Dynamo Player with the news they are shutting down. I wrote about the shock waves Dynamo sent through the distribution world a few years ago, after which Distrify and Vimeo also joined the game by offering pay-to-view services. It’s a sad day as Dynamo were [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- robertgwilsn: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- osmium10: I always said this would happen http://t.co/oeWZKo4e2X #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #screenwriting #indiefilm »
- Megachrist: RT @grahaminman: #VampireMob creator @JoeWilsonTV on @indiegogo http://t.co/aYcCBMsYkE #crowdfunding #indiefilm #gfilm »
- Megachrist: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- View All