We filmed this short video with Stephen Follows last week to offer a glimpse into what you can expect at his two day masterclass next month (www.SuccessfulCrowdfunding.co.uk)
It’s amazing when you consider that Kickstarter has now raised over $1bn for indie filmmakers. Let that number settle for a moment. Then ask ‘why don’t I have a piece of that pie?’
In the video Stephen offers tips on…
- Ask for what you NEED and you are likely to succeed
- How long should your campaign be? The proven sweet spot
- Why the day you end your campaign is SO important
- It’s not how much you need, it’s how many backers will make it happen?
- The single biggest factor in Crowdfunding success
- Why you MUST be in your own campaign video
- Why being funny in your campaign will reap rewards
- Is your video the optimum length? What is the sweet spot?
- What is the correlation between number of awards and campaign success?
- Why you MUST back other people’s campaigns for your own success
- And finally, as a bonus, a top secret way to save 10% on your crowdfunding fees
The bottom line is Crowdfunding is the best way for 90% of filmmakers to get finnanced. See you on the course. www.SuccessfulCrowdfunding.co.uk
Onwards and upwards!