Since I began making films, I have been frustrated at the lack of good information about sales agents. Sure there are a number of existing resources, such as the ‘Blue Book’ that you get if you pay the full price for your pass in Cannes (which we never do as it’s hundreds of Euros – [...]
If you want to load this onto your MP3 player, you can download the MP3 here (37mb). Shorts International is one of a handful of dedicated short film sales agents and distributors – and right now, they are certainly the biggest! I got to know Linda O from Shorts International earlier this year during our [...]
OK, so I have now signed with a Manager, here in LA. His name is Andy Trapani, and I met him in the Bahamas, where he was a judge at the festival. At the award party he said he would like to talk to me about repping me, so we talked, and after coming to [...]
In the next day or so, I will be making my choice over who represents Gone Fishing for international sales and distribution. Only two companies are in the running, both have very good reputations and deals to offer, and both I like very much. We need to deal with this now as in the coming [...]
Since the awards, nominations and press around Gone Fishing, I have had some serious interest from agents, both here in the UK and in Los Angeles, which is incredibly exciting. I don’t want to reveal who and what is on the table right now, this is of course a negotiation, but I thought I would [...]
I had a great meeting today with Sara Putt and Kate Watson of Sara Putt Associates at Shepperton Film Studios, agents who could be repping me. Of course this process is kind of like dating, you try each other on for size, see if it’s a comfortable fit and if it feels right. The meeting [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- PecintaMovie: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- msft_production: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- CampbellX: RT @osmium10: Yet another article to cheer us indies up http://t.co/uc2xVQQKqE #filmmaking #indiefilm #scriptchat #gfilm #screenwriting »
- View All