This weekend we held the London Doc Summit and the feedback has been awesome. You can read below. One delegate contacted me about his very first attempt at doc filmmaking, and I said I would share this on the blog. Here’s what he said… ‘Just a quick email to say thank you for this weekend. [...]
About ChrisPassionate about all things film, I have spent my life watching movies, making movies and helping others make their movies. My major projects include action thriller ‘The Runner’, serial killer thriller ‘White Angel’ and paranormal horror ‘Urban Ghost Story’. I also co-created and authored The Guerilla Film Makers Handbook series, and currently there are eight editions! In 2009, I made the multi-award winning and Oscars shortlisted ‘Gone Fishing’. More recently I have run a series of London based festivals, kicking off with the London Screenwriters Festival. I also setup and run TEDxEaling, an annual TEDx conference on storytelling and human communication. I run regular film making workshops for filmmakers with low price points so everyone can attend and get making their projects. Right now, I am developing ‘Rocketboy’ with Judy Goldberg, and will blog the entire journey, from concept, through script, finance, shoot, editing, festivals, distribution and sales.
This weekend we held the London Doc Summit, which aside from some technical hitches, was a resounding success. One video I wanted to share with you is this excellent TED talk on Crowdfunding, that was brought to my attention by Janey Stephenson (@vegetarianjelly), one of our wonderful delegates. It’s really worth a watch. I will [...]
The Doc Summit is back this weekend and there are a handful of passes left. The Documentary Summit is a two day professional filmmaker conference with seminars from expert speakers and networking, it offers a unique opportunity to connect, share and collaborate. Join the movement now. Above is a session from the last Doc Summit [...]
We are delighted to release the 50 Kisses promo today. Please share with everyone you know on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest – everywhere! Embed on your site and get it out there for the world to see. Short Tweet link here… bit.ly/Nne8cV Use video embed code here… <iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/65914231?byline=0&color=e00206″ width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″></iframe> It is worth [...]
I just wanted to mark this day on my blog by posting the Space Oddity video, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station. For me, it’s cool on so many levels. Cool that he did it where he did it. Cool that he chose that track. Cool that he takes it [...]
We are in the process of launching a new channel for screenwriting training called www.RadioLSF.com and we invited composers to submit tracks – if selected they would be featured on the channel. Consequently, I have just listened to around 1,000 tracks from emerging composers and have learned a great deal about new musical talent in [...]
Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections!
Last week we recorded and extraordinary session at the London Breakfast Club with producer Iain Smith – it was just crammed with wisdom and bite sized gems for filmmakers, writers and of course producers. My personal favourite anecdote? If audiences like your production after a year, it’s a movie. If they like it after a [...]
This weekend gone, Richard Holmes ran his Advanced Producing workshop which was a resounding success. It was crammed with hard won lessons, delivered with charm and wit and spectacularly open an authentic. If you would like info on when we run this event again, sign up below. ‘Sage advice from a prolific producer’ Mike Mindel, [...]
Ray Harryhausen died today. When I think about the movies, I think of magic and great magicians. My own love of the ‘illusion’ was what first drew to me filmmaking. Cinema history has enjoyed several landmark visual effects moments – ‘King Kong’ and Willis O’Brien, ‘The Thing’ and Rob Bottin, ‘Star War’s and that Star [...]
A week or two back, Filmmaker Jordan Clarke shared some of his personal nightmares on his own film regarding chain of title and how it nearly killed the production dead – you can read that post here. I asked hi to expand into a bullet list and here it is… Top 5 DIY Filmmaking Mistakes [...]
Yesterdays Advanced Producing masterclass with Richard Holmes was a HUGE success. I thought I would share some of the Twitter love with you. You can follow Richard on Twitter at @BigRichFilms. garethidavies: Hats off to @BigRichFilms & @livingspiritpix for an EXCEPTIONAL 1 day, info-tastic deconstruction in how to produce a £1M+ Movie! jamestovell: 58 pages [...]
If you haven’t seen it yet, watch it now… Onwards and upwards! Chris Jones My movies www.LivingSpiritGroup.com My Facebook www.Facebook.com/ChrisJonesFilmmaker My Twitter @LivingSpiritPix Sign up to my mailing list for updates on events, books and free film making tools
Final Call: Advanced Producing with Richard Holmes this Saturday £99 reduced to £69 with discount code CHRISJONES http://www.advancedproducing.com I have just spent the last few days compiling clips and working with Richard for his masterclass this Saturday. Going through his films, it’s amazing just how many he has made, and what an extremely high success [...]
// 50 Kisses is nearing completion and we hope to release a promo very soon – details of what will happen to the feature film will follow shortly afterward. I just got word that Team StoryDigital also released their version of ‘Neil’ on the web, so we can now show it to you (above). What [...]
Advanced Producing with Richard Holmes When: May 4th Where: Regents College Where: www.AdvancedProducing.com How Much: £99 inc VAT (get £30 off with code CHRISJONES) Richard has just wrapped his 10th feature film this weekend and is now prepping his masterlclass, bringing it up to date and compiling clips and documents for the attending delegates. If [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- FreyaB_73: RT @DocSummit: Big thanks to all the panelists and delegates for the 2013 London #DocSummit. Thanks to @livingspiritpix & the #GFilm crew for their efforts »
- DocSummit: Big thanks to all the panelists and delegates for the 2013 London #DocSummit. Thanks to @livingspiritpix & the #GFilm crew for their efforts »
- BoxerLemm: RT @livingspiritpix: Have you seen our feature promo for #50kisses yet? http://t.co/uLa40bMzt8 #Gfilm »
- PecintaMovie: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- View All