Note – this is the introduction video to the workshop (clip from the actual course below) // To celebrate the new year, we are running a special offer to help get your film made in 2011… and not just made, but made to world class, career launching heights. You may know that in 2009 my [...]
It's been a great year for EXAM, prize-wise. First we got a BIFA nomination, then a BAFTA nomination, then we won the Santa Barbara Film Festival, and recently we scooped the Golden Hitchcock Award at the Dinard Film Festival. You might think our eligibility cycle would be over by now… but you'd be wrong. There [...]
On the final day of the London Screenwriters’ Festival, the Super Shorts film festival drew to a close with the awards ceremony. I was tasked with presenting the awards to the film makers present, which of course was a pleasure. As a judge I got to see all the shortlisted films and one of my [...]
Almost as a light tonic to offset the days shenanigans, I just got AMAZING NEWS! Just moments ago, the Virgin Shorts 2010 Award was won by our friends Oscar Sharpe (director) and Stephen Follows (writer) for their film SIGN LANGUAGE. You may recall Oscar was our very first guest on the Production Office (watch here). [...]
Even though we have ramped down the Gone Fishing festival push, we still, on occasion, submit the film to some festivals, especially if invited. And this week two very wonderful and very different awards arrived for us. First and rather dramatically, I was summoned to the Foreign office where a grand, shiny and amazingly heavy [...]
BAFTA nominated ‘Shifty’, a Guerilla Film Makers Script To Screen presentation with writer and director Eran Creevy
Date: Sunday March 28th. Time: 12.00pm Place: Odeon Panton Street, London. (Seating is limited) Tickets £19 (plus booking fee and inc VAT) Meet Eran Creevy, one of this years BAFTA nominated film makers, for ‘Shifty’ (in the category of best first feature). We interviewed him for the new ‘Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook’, and were [...]
Those of you who came to the special screening of EXAM, a movie I produced last year, got the chance to see the film on the big screen, then meet the film makers… And now there is more exciting news! The Oscars may be the biggest movie awards show of the year and the BAFTAs [...]
Late last week I found out that EXAM has been nominated for a BAFTA! WOW! Writer and director Stuart Hazeldine, who was gracious enough to share all his knowledge and experiences while making EXAM at our special screening last week, was nominated for the Outstanding Debut By A British Writer, Director Or Producer award. You [...]
I just received an incredible email from Iran…! Here’s what it said… ‘Congratulation. This is to inform you that the film "Gone fishing'' has received silver prize of the festival. It contains 5 Golden coins plus silver statue of the festival. I will send the prize to the embassy of your country in Iran…Mahshid Karimi, [...]
I am in the deepest darkest depths of this corporate job and slowly losing my mind, as one does during production. But a little ray of sunlight glimmered last night when I got word from the Indianapolis International Film Festival that ‘Gone Fishing’ won the Best World Cinema short award. WOW! We have won a [...]
I got a message yesterday from the organizer of a festival to say… ‘what are you doing in two weeks time… do you want to come to our festival because, well, er, you have won?!’ WOW! But… as I am shooting right now, sadly, I can’t attend the festival (or reveal the festival just now). [...]
What a bumper day for the FedEx man. I came back from our shoot to find two trophies for ‘Gone Fishing’, waiting patiently at the studios. First was from the Indie Fest USA awards a few weeks back, and second was from the Newport Beach Film Festival in LA where we won Best Screenplay a [...]
A bunch of awards turned up in the post today, namely the three we won at Ballston Spa a few weeks back. One for Best Picture, one for Best Sound (Bernard O’Reilly) and one for Best Editing (Eddie Hamilton). I will be giving them their awards when I see them next! I was gutted I [...]
Gone Fishing picked up it’s 31st award for Best Short Film at the IndieFest USA Awards at Disney last night. Associate Producer and LA resident Kerry Finlayson went on our behalf to accept the award – I think that makes about 15 awards she has collected for us now! She is becoming a bit of [...]
We have just won the Ballston Spa Film Festival in New York State, USA… What a way to start Monday Morning! And it gets better, we also won Best Editing and Best Sound! I am gutted I was unable to attend as it was an open air festival and to see ‘Gone Fishing’ in such [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Did you know you can get 20% of your spend back for short films using the UK film tax credit? May 25, 2013
- How to Speed Up Your Cultural Test When Applying For The UK Film Tax Credit May 24, 2013
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- SimonCoxFilm: RT @grahaminman: Last 2 hours of the Kaleidoscope Man (Phase 2 Funding) by @SimonCoxFilm http://t.co/doRp1WITPJ #GFilm #FilmMaking »
- grahaminman: Did you know you can get 20% of your spend back for short films using the UK film tax credit? http://t.co/dA7N6ZtOB6 #gfilm »
- grahaminman: Last 2 hours of the Kaleidoscope Man (Phase 2 Funding) by @SimonCoxFilm http://t.co/doRp1WITPJ #GFilm #FilmMaking »
- mcguinness33: RT @grahaminman: Only 9 hours left to be involved, Kaleidoscope Man British #scifi feature #film http://t.co/BYBHwl95nq #GFilm #IndieFilm @SimonCoxFilm »
- View All