As the 50 Kisses song initiative draws to a close, I thought I would share some of my personal observations about the entrants, what we can learn from them, and how we can apply those lessons to our own scripts and films when submitting to a process such as a competition or open call for [...]
Our ‘50 Kisses’ competition longlist was announced this week – you can read the list of the 508 scripts that made it here. Having chatted to some writers who didn’t make the longlist, I realised that we needed to provide a forum for their work too, so yesterday we created ‘Near Kisses’, a page [...]
Having made shorts, feature films, written the Guerilla Film Makers Handbooks, trained thousands of filmmakers and run The London Screenwriters’ Festival, I have seen a pattern emerge among creatives. For one reason or another, many emerging screenwriters and filmmakers find it difficult to get that all important first credit on a large scale project, one [...]
And the winner is… report from the SciFi London 48 Hour Film Challenge Awards by guest blogger Tom Worth
Yesterday afternoon at the Apollo Cinema 20 excited teams of film makers gathered to see who would emerge as winner of the 2012 Sci-Fi London 48 Hour Film Challenge. Having watched a few online I had some idea of the quality this year and had very little hope of our film getting any further than [...]
Final guest blog about SciFi London 48 Hour challenge films, this time from pal Tom Worth… take it away Tom… I love 48 hour film challenges. I’m not sure why though: they’re exhausting, stressful and at the end you have a film you wish you’d had time to polish a bit better. However, there’s something [...]
Guest post from Adele Kirby on her SciFi London 48 hour film challenge film. I’ve been going to the SF London Film Fest a few years now, and annually considered the people who undertook the 48Hr Film Challenge to be a pack of loons. Having now completed it, I can safely confirm this as truth. [...]
Day three of war stories from the SciFi London 48 hour challenge, today Simon Cox… take it away! I’d heard about the Sci-Fi London 48 Hours Film festival, but to be honest, I hadn’t ever considered actually doing it. I was more interested in getting my own feature film projects off the ground. However, as [...]
Post the 2012 Sci_Fi London 48 Hour Film Challenge, I asked some of the film makers to share their experiences making their films, so that we might learn from the successes and failures. First up is Jake Wynne, heading Team Superluminal 2012 and his film ‘Eight Items’. Take it away… I am a director working [...]
50 Kisses Competition – Write Film / Make Film / Distribute Film: a unique competition from The London Screenwriters’ Festival. Get your script produced and get your movie released in cinemas. A unique competition that guarantees 50 scripts will be shot and 50 films will be theatrically released next year. Are you in? Read on… [...]
The London Screenwriters’ Festival Four Nights In August competition is now closed. And what an amazing experience it has been. We had 350 submitted screenplays, from which we will chose two joint winners… You can read them here… ‘Why?’ by Milethia Thomas and ‘Everything You Need’ by Dave Turner. The competition was then opened up [...]
Yesterday, the winners of our script competition were announced, and I thought I would share the second of the one page screenplay. So I present to you ‘Everything You Need’ by David Turner (blog at http://armyofdave.com and Twitter at @armyofdave). Do leave feedback as to what you think for Dave. And remember, you can make [...]
Yesterday, the winners of our script competition were announced, and I thought I would share the two one page screenplays. First up is ‘Why?’ by Milethia Thomas… Do leave feedback as to what you think for Milethia. And remember, you can make this script now as part of our film maker challenge. And more up [...]
The script leg of the ‘Four Nights In August’ competition closed last week and now we have a winner. Stop the press! WE HAVE TWO WINNERS! Yes we had a tie, so we decided to split the award. First, and in no particular order, is ‘Everything You Need’ by David Turner. And sharing that top [...]
Four Days In August, our 1 page screenplay competition is now closed and the winner will be announced on Friday. At that point, the script will be made available for YOU to make. You have fourteen days to complete it and upload to us. There are great prizes up for grabs, including cash, tickets to [...]
So our very own Lucy V Hay and her team of dedicated script readers have been reading the submissions for our ‘Four Nights In August’ script competition… here is the first big announcement. So we had a whopping 241 of entries for the Four Nights In August Competition! To say we were surprised is an [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- BoxerLemm: RT @livingspiritpix: Have you seen our feature promo for #50kisses yet? http://t.co/uLa40bMzt8 #Gfilm »
- PecintaMovie: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- msft_production: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- View All