This weekend we played host to the Guerilla Film Makers and London Screenwriters Festival Summer Networking BBQ. And to say it was a success would be an understatement. 300 writers, producers, directors, actors, investors and creatives descended on Ealing Studios where Judy and her extraordinary team of BBQ Wranglers (thanks Pete, Roy, Murray, Jak and [...]
OK as promised, here is a roundup of Day 2 of the Produced by Conference. There were three sessions going on at any one time, so I could not get to everything. The morning kicked off at 9am with a look at mobile technology as a new media platform. The basic gist is that now [...]
Yesterday I went to the London Comic Con at Earls Court, a science fiction, horror and comics fan convention. It was filled with stalls selling film and comic memorabilia and there were also stalls where you get movie stars (and some folk who are little more than extras) to sign their autographs for £20 a [...]
Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours with Genevieve and her husband Andrew (and daughter Casey Mae), signing copies of all three Guerilla Film Makers Handbooks (Including the new Movie Blueprint cover) at the FTX West Conference at Canada Place in Vancouver. FTX is a combination of Film Maker Forum with seminars and full blown [...]
This weekend I had a great directing job – STAR WARS! Yes, I know! Actually it was at the Star Wars show, but we got to shoot little movies with people in costume and on set, who on minutes earlier, were in the crowd of onlookers. It was more theatre than movie, for sure, but [...]
I spent the weekend with my good friend Simon Cox, at a science fiction convention in Birmingham called Memorabilia, selling my books and his movie on DVD, ‘Written In Blood’, signed by him of course. It was an intense two days, but very rewarding, not least because I sold some books, but also because I [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- How to Speed Up Your Cultural Test When Applying For The UK Film Tax Credit May 24, 2013
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- Helaine: RT @grahaminman: 80% of Filmmakers Are Not Building Their Audiences on Social Media: http://t.co/CxeySCZL7g via @filmcourage #gfilm #filmmaking #indiefilm »
- RealRobGibson: RT @grahaminman: Why People Succeed At #Crowdfunding by @Jon_Reiss: http://t.co/Ncn240NEEh via @filmcourage #indiefilm #gfilm »
- FlotillaOnline: RT @grahaminman: Why People Succeed At #Crowdfunding by @Jon_Reiss: http://t.co/Ncn240NEEh via @filmcourage #indiefilm #gfilm »
- Jade_Films: RT @grahaminman: Still time to support @SimonCoxFilm Kaleidoscope Man http://t.co/doRp1WITPJ #indiefilm #gfilm #filmmakers #film »
- View All