Prolific Brit producer Richard Holmes is all over Screen Daily and THR at the moment – he is about to shoot his tenth feature film, and is also Exec Producing a micro budget EIS funded feature later this year. We are running a one day workshop with Richard in May – Advanced Producing – where [...]
When: Saturday 18th Sunday 19th August Where: MetFilm School, Ealing Studios, Ealing, London How Much: £139 get £40 off with discount code CHRISJONES http://www.21stcenturyscreenwriter.com/ Learn advanced tools and techniques to take your writing to the next level with Linda Aronson. Screenwriting today is dominated by the US mainstream model. It is a fine model but [...]
What’s the secret to negotiation? Relationships. This was one of the key messages delivered by negotiation guru Linda Potgieter at her event on Friday night, and part of our Producers Masterclass. Nearly 200 filmmakers and producers took part in her interactive workshop, and engaged in deal making exercises, the results of which were quite eye [...]
The fundamental principle of how every film is different and needs a unique marketing and distribution plan is the first step to successfully marketing and releasing your film today. To create this plan, you need to consider… 1. Your Goals 2. Your Film 3. Your Audience 4. Your Resources. You may think you know the [...]
Guest post from Jon Reiss I can’t say how excited I am to be coming back to London and doing the TOTBO workshop with Chris Jones. It was Chris who actually encouraged me to create a workshop and then hosted the first one in London back in 2010. Since then I have done them throughout [...]
Do you want to know how to get big name stars in your movie? Producer Stephen Follows will share with you his cheeky sneaky tactic to get named actors to consider your project… And that’s just one of eight tips, tricks, tactics and strategies in this short Practical Producer video seminar. If you want to [...]
Join ‘Story’ guru Robert McKee at the London Screenwriters’ Festival – special online pre event, October 4th
There are a handful of screenwriting experts who really deserve the title of guru. And McKee sits at the top of that pile. If you haven’t read his book ‘Story’, you should. Personally, I think his audiobook is even better (abridged) as I often have it playing in the background while I do house work, [...]
It’s a regular occurrence on the internet, ‘can we have your feedback / comments please?’ If you are like me, the temptation is to skip this and leave nothing. I ask ‘what’s in it for me?’ In reality, leaving feedback has a number of agendas / payoffs. Here’s the obvious stuff. 1. You get to [...]
Note – this is the introduction video to the workshop (clip from the actual course below) // REDUCED FROM £69.99 to £37.99 – SIGN UP HERE! The ‘Gone Fishing’ online Workshop is still on sale, reduced from £69.99 to just £37.99. Loads of film makers signed up after Christmas, to grab this bargain and to [...]
Note – this is the introduction video to the workshop (clip from the actual course below) // To celebrate the new year, we are running a special offer to help get your film made in 2011… and not just made, but made to world class, career launching heights. You may know that in 2009 my [...]
JOIN LIST BELOW FOR YOUR PASSWORD As you may know, we filmed many of the seminars, workshops and panels at the London Screenwriters Festival, which was no small task I can tell you! Four teams, 9 HD cameras, four sound kits and four sessions a day… And that’s just the shooting! Then there was the [...]
It’s that time of year when my girlfriend says ‘my family don’t know what to buy you for Christmas, can I have a list?’ You see I am pretty hard to buy presents for. And I have come to realise that most film makers are equally tough to buy for too. So I have amassed [...]
A Masterclass In Microbudget Film Making – Interview with 'Paranormal Activity' writer and director Oren Peli
Believe it or not, I only just caught up with ‘Paranormal Activity’. I know, we even interviewed director Oren Peli in the last Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook! Still, it’s been a frantically busy year. First off, I have to say just how impressed I was with the film. He managed to keep up pace, tension [...]
// We are prepping the next Script to Screen workshop (Monday 4th October) with documentary film maker Craig McCall. His film on legendary cameraman Jack Cardiff was in official selection in Cannes this year and has become required viewing for all lovers of cinema – both fans of cinema and creators of cinema like you. [...]
So a few days ago we shared a superb video interview with Chris Vogler of ‘The Hero’s Journey’ – if you missed it, you can catch it here. This was a way to entice all our current blog readers and email newsgroup to migrate from our old and clunky newsgroup service to our all new [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- FreyaB_73: RT @livingspiritpix: Amanda Palmer and he TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ from #docsummit delegate @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- simonreglar: RT @livingspiritpix: Have you seen our feature promo for #50kisses yet? http://t.co/uLa40bMzt8 #Gfilm »
- ikonicfilms: Couple of shots from different versions of Advice in here: MT @livingspiritpix: feature promo for #50kisses http://t.co/YECw6LCwKW #Gfilm »
- FreyaB_73: RT @livingspiritpix: Read our #Tweetreach report for the #Docsummit - we reached 50,000 accounts over weekend #Gfilm »
- View All