A couple of years ago I was involved in Stuart Hazeldine’s cracking high concept Brit thriller ‘EXAM’. At the time we held a Script To Screen event, and we filmed it. So here’s your chance to read the script and watch the interview, and hopefully rent the movie or buy the BluRay. Here is the [...]
Was Friday night just a few days ago? It’s Monday morning now and Friday feels like an entire month away. Why? Because I have just spent the weekend in the trenches with 360 film makers on the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass. And it was AWESOME! I will blog about it in the coming days and [...]
You may recall I was a producer on Stuart Hazeldines taught Brit thriller ‘Exam’ (watch to the trailer here…) Well Bollywood has just done a genuine, all guns blazing 100% rip off. No phone call. No deal. No permission. Just rip off the movie. Even take credit for the writing! I am not sure what [...]
Last year I was Associate Producer on Stuart Hazeldines ‘EXAM’, a taught thriller set in one room. And yesterdays Oscars announcement was extraordinary news for one of our team… Stuart put it best on the Exam Facebook page… 'As EXAM blazes a trail across the worlds cinema screens it's important to remember that not all [...]
It's been a great year for EXAM, prize-wise. First we got a BIFA nomination, then a BAFTA nomination, then we won the Santa Barbara Film Festival, and recently we scooped the Golden Hitchcock Award at the Dinard Film Festival. You might think our eligibility cycle would be over by now… but you'd be wrong. There [...]
I just got word that EXAM (on which I was an Assoc Producer) won the Bronze Hitchcock award at the Dinard Film Festival – the Bronze Hitchcock is a special award chosen by French exhibitors and it gives us a theatrical run on 40 screens across Brittany and Normandy – great news for us [...]
Watch Stuart Hazeldine in extended seminar on EXAM on The Production Office on Thursday Night, 7.30pm UK time
This Thursday (June 24th), on the Production Office LIVE! we’ve got a very special opportunity to give you a taster of what will be on offer at the London Screenwriters’ Festival in October later this year. Put it in your diary now!So we are offering, in conjunction with the London Screenwriters’ Festival, a FREE [...]
Finally, EXAM hits the high streets (Monday June 7th)… If you missed it earlier this year, EXAM is a film I helped produce, and it’s directed by the super talented Stuart Hazeldine. Here’s a synopsis… Eight strangers prepare to sit a test together, competing for a top-secret, high-level position. As this tense, claustrophobic mystery unfolds, [...]
Most of us will never be able to vote for which films and filmmakers win Oscars, BAFTAs, BIFAs or all those other luvvie award ceremonies – but you CAN vote in the Empire Awards, one of the coolest awards shows going and run by the world's biggest selling film magazine. EXAM, a movie I produced [...]
Those of you who came to the special screening of EXAM, a movie I produced last year, got the chance to see the film on the big screen, then meet the film makers… And now there is more exciting news! The Oscars may be the biggest movie awards show of the year and the BAFTAs [...]
Late last week I found out that EXAM has been nominated for a BAFTA! WOW! Writer and director Stuart Hazeldine, who was gracious enough to share all his knowledge and experiences while making EXAM at our special screening last week, was nominated for the Outstanding Debut By A British Writer, Director Or Producer award. You [...]
What a GREAT DAY! Amazing. I knew that the ‘EXAM with film makers autopsy Q and A’ would go down well, I just didn't realise how much people would respond to it. I have been to lots of Q and A sessions after films and often found them a little light weight. I wanted this [...]
Empire reviews and feature are in for EXAM… and it’s a Pass With Distinction… and your last chance to get tickets for special film makers autopsy on Sunday afternoon
EXAM is officially released in cinemas today, and in case you have skipped the blog for the last week, let’s recap – we have a REALLY exciting event on Sunday afternoon (10th Jan), at the Odeon, Panton St, Central London at 2.15. The movie will be screened, not off 35mm as I had first thought, [...]
READ BELOW BEFORE WATCHING THE CLIP OK we have come up with something VERY VERY cool for film makers. EXAM screening, with SCREENPLAY and extended film makers autopsy with the writer, director and composer – VENUE Odeon, Panton St, off Leicester Sq., London, 2.15pm Writer and director of EXAM, Stuart Hazeldine, has been kind enough [...]
Do You Know How To Release A Feature Film Theatrically In the UK? Special Screening of EXAM and workshop on Sunday at the Odeon, Panton Street, Leicester Sq.
Come along to this special screening of ‘EXAM’ on Sunday January 10th at 2.15pm, Odeon Panton Street, Leicester Square where we first screen the movie, then the film makers reveal just how they made this low budget Brit psycho-thriller, got it into theatres and ended up with four star reviews from both ‘Total Film’ and [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- FreyaB_73: RT @DocSummit: Big thanks to all the panelists and delegates for the 2013 London #DocSummit. Thanks to @livingspiritpix & the #GFilm crew for their efforts »
- DocSummit: Big thanks to all the panelists and delegates for the 2013 London #DocSummit. Thanks to @livingspiritpix & the #GFilm crew for their efforts »
- BoxerLemm: RT @livingspiritpix: Have you seen our feature promo for #50kisses yet? http://t.co/uLa40bMzt8 #Gfilm »
- PecintaMovie: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- View All