Above is a great animation that really sets out the scale and value that Facebook offers ANY business, not just film. And on that note, I finally got Gone Fishing up and on Facebook! Users can now rent and watch ‘Gone Fishing’ directly on Facebook (click here to see it in action), powered by DynamoPlayer [...]
Last year I was Associate Producer on Stuart Hazeldines ‘EXAM’, a taught thriller set in one room. And yesterdays Oscars announcement was extraordinary news for one of our team… Stuart put it best on the Exam Facebook page… 'As EXAM blazes a trail across the worlds cinema screens it's important to remember that not all [...]
Pictured here are my business partner David Chamberlains kids, glued to the screen and watching ‘Gone Fishing’. When they get to the end the usually shout out ‘Again, again! We want to see Goliath!’ It always amazes me how kids really ‘get’ it. Every year I receive emails from people who discover this short film [...]
I have started adding Facebook ‘like’ buttons to all of my posts on the blog. This is a really simple way to generate more traffic. Now, with this ‘like’ button, visitors can click it and my blog entry will then appear in their activity stream. That way all their FB friends can see that they [...]
Branding, both for you and your projects, is now essential for anyone working the creative industries. Part of that is having an easy to communicate URL that is also Google friendly. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the key to getting rated as high as possible in search engines and one way to help is to [...]
Film festivals are a great way to platform your film, to get it in front of audiences, and even to help cut deals with distributors. But they are also a quagmire, a cash and time drain, and sometimes, bitterly disappointing. Last year I spent a good six months touring the world with ‘Gone Fishing’ and [...]
We all love something AMAZING and FREE! Film makers, download a great book on social media and film making!
As the debate around BECTU and the minimum wage rages onward (read my post here and the replies at the bottom of the post), so a great example of the future for film makers appears online for free. Yes free. Not always free though, it’s a paid for book sometimes, but right now, this week [...]
OK so thanks to everyone who got involved. READ SLOWLY, it's confusing. Just like FACEBOOK! OK so a little back history to this. Over the last few weeks I had been researching Facebook and discovered there are two kinds of entities you can have – Pages (aka Fan Pages) and Groups. Which to choose? Facebook [...]
FaceBook. Talk about idiosyncratic. It’s an amazingly powerful tool but blimey, it sure aint intuitive. OK, so today I set up the Guerilla Film Makers Handbook Facebook Fan Page – you can join here. I had previously setup a Facebook Group for the book, but was immediately contacted by marketing guru Sheri Candler (remember we [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- osmium10: The Urge plays Phoenix Comicon tonight at 8.30pm, where it has 2 noms http://t.co/tK7zjxkzPt #filmmaking #indiefilm #shortfilm #gfilm »
- robertshutter: RT @grahaminman by @SimonCoxFilm — Kickstarter http://t.co/ttytCqPX0x #GFilm #IndieFilm #SciFi: Kaleidoscope Man (Phase 2 Funding) b... »
- grahaminman: Kaleidoscope Man (Phase 2 Funding) by @SimonCoxFilm — Kickstarter http://t.co/BYBHwl95nq #GFilm #IndieFilm #SciFi »
- JodieTouhy: RT @grahaminman: Django Unchained PDF #screenplay download http://t.co/KyhuYnPjY7 #scriptchat #indiefilm #GFilm »
- View All