And finally, to wrap up the Comedy Writers Festival, here is the feedback from our illustrious speakers. We are all rather delighted the discover that our speakers enjoyed the festival just as much as our delegates (delegate feedback here). Remember the London Screenwriters Festival (October) is now selling tickets too, you can get yours here. [...]
I thought I would share some feedback from the first American Independents Day with Ted Hope and Christine Vachon. Remember you can get notes form the day by signing up below, and that will also get you access to the fully edited video of the day (when it’s completed). Email OK here’s the feedback… ‘To [...]
Let Ted Hope and Christine Vachon, producers of over 53 features and over $197m at the US box office since 1986 show you the #1 way to attract financiers, distributors and A-list talent to your project!
Last Sunday was the very first American Independents Day, this year (which sold out) it was with producers and rockstars of American Indie film, Ted Hope and Christine Vachon… and the atmosphere ion the room was electric! Producer Mike Mindel (www.dontlethimin.com) has been good enough to share his extensive and detailed notes with us all [...]
So now the dust is settling on the Comedy Writers Festival, I thought I would share some photos (above) and some feedback from our delegates. ‘I had a blast at the London Comedy Writer’s Festival. Brilliantly run. Great events. It’s the best one I’ve been to’ Robert Popper – ‘Peep Show’, ‘The IT Crowd’, ‘South [...]
The London Comedy Writers Festival has officially started, with the first of our THREE Tuesday night sessions, ‘Making Misery Bear’ and a Guide To Social Media’. Here’s what the delegates who attended last night said… ‘Really good session last night and set the tone for the comedy Festival going forward….As a writer who spends far [...]
Inspirational podcast with writer Peter Souter – great tips, advice and insight for writing in the UK
I recorded this podcast with Peter to give people a taste of what they could expect from our new London Screenwriters Genre Festival, this year focusing on Comedy (remember you can get a £25 discount by using the discount code of CHRISJONES). This candid chat is at once, entertaining, insightful, charming, witty, but most of [...]
It’s a regular occurrence on the internet, ‘can we have your feedback / comments please?’ If you are like me, the temptation is to skip this and leave nothing. I ask ‘what’s in it for me?’ In reality, leaving feedback has a number of agendas / payoffs. Here’s the obvious stuff. 1. You get to [...]
Note – this is the introduction video to the workshop (clip from the actual course below) // REDUCED FROM £69.99 to £37.99 – SIGN UP HERE! The ‘Gone Fishing’ online Workshop is still on sale, reduced from £69.99 to just £37.99. Loads of film makers signed up after Christmas, to grab this bargain and to [...]
So aside from both Judy and I being riddled with flu, my head being so fuzzy we had to cut to emergency test cards while we got sorted out and a plethora of tech problems, last nights show turned out to be a cracker. You can watch it above (or on Vimeo for iPhone) Here’s [...]
Note – this is the introduction video to the workshop (clip from the actual course below) // To celebrate the new year, we are running a special offer to help get your film made in 2011… and not just made, but made to world class, career launching heights. You may know that in 2009 my [...]
Feedback is now coming back in from our wonderful speakers at the festival. What did they think of the experience from the other side of the fence? ‘Wonderful and Fabulous festival… bloody well done!’ BARBARA MACHIN – BAFTA and Emmy Award winning Screenwriter ‘It was a great event. The audience were lovely: smart, focused, [...]
LSF 2010 : Delegate Feedback Quotes, the first round of feedback is in…! And we just had to share it with you all. We are still colating loads of data, as well as feedback and comments from our terrific speakers. More to come but here is a starter… 'I met writers, producers, editors, agents, directors, [...]
Twenty four hours later and the fallout is still causing my inbox to fill up rapidly. After Radio Four yesterday, I was quickly contacted by BBC Radio Northern Ireland, BBC Merseyside and the Gabby Logan Show on Radio Five Live. I spent the day bouncing between the BBC in Shepherds Bush and my landline where [...]
Only as Gen and Zee head to the airport after their workshop whistlestop tour have I had chance to sit down and write a blog entry about their final seminar on writing spec scripts for Hollywood. Last night, Gen and Zee spoke to a capacity audience at Ealing Studios of writers and film makers who [...]
Learn How To Write Your Screenplay At The London Screenwriters’ Festival 2010… first event is a success!
On Monday night, the first event of The London Screenwriters’ Festival took place at the Met Film School. While the festival is for professional screenwriters, we know that emerging talent could also get a huge amount from it too. As such, we have designed a specific thread through the festival, tailored to the needs of [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- JodieTouhy: RT @grahaminman: Django Unchained PDF #screenplay download http://t.co/KyhuYnPjY7 #scriptchat #indiefilm #GFilm »
- londonswf: So, what's the goss on Cannes? #scriptchat. #screenwriting #Filmmaking #GFilm #amwriting »
- osmium10: These are really fascinating photos http://t.co/tdF1QBuzHd #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #indiefilm #screenwriting »
- londonswf: Reckon @Bang2write is going to get FLOODED with submissions for the B2WUp, haha!!! http://t.co/WH9OVsQduj #scriptchat #screenwriting #GFilm »
- View All