I just sent out an email about my upcoming Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass, and it got me thinking more about 2012. And upon reflection, I am pretty sure that 2012 will be the year that the film business changes forever. Here are a few of my thoughts… Kodak may go bankrupt in 2012 It’s been [...]
‘Spaced’, ‘Hot Fuzz’, ‘Shaun Of The Dead’ and ‘Scott Pilgrim’… Edgar Wright at the London Screenwriters’ Festival
‘Spaced’, ‘Hot Fuzz’, ‘Shaun Of The Dead’ and ‘Scott Pilgrim’… Edgar Wright at the London Screenwriters’ Festival! Podcast below, video above. Download the MP3 file here for your iPod At the eleventh hour, Edgar agreed to join us at the festival and delivered an inspiring session to a crammed cinema of screenwriters and film makers. [...]
Last week I posted about the camera tests run by Zacuto that I was asked to comment on, and how from my perspective, and certainly for indie film makers, shooting on film opposed to digital) looks like it has had its day. You can read that post here (and watch the fascinating video). The picture [...]
Is film dead? Earlier this year I was invited by Philip Bloom to come and watch a series of camera tests that compared a bunch of cameras that are available to film makers today. At the bottom end was the DSLR family, at the top end Alexa and film. The footage was screened from a [...]
Watch Sam Jackson’s Secret Diary… extraordinary story behind a micro budget British feature by Guy Rowland
Writer, composer and good friend of mine, Guy Rowland, made a unique feature film a few years ago and has just released it online 100% free. The story behind the film is both extraordinary AND a stark reminder to ‘get on with it…’ I asked him to share some of his experiences. His ‘Making Of…’ [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- osmium10: The Urge plays Phoenix Comicon Friday 8.30pm & San Jose Genre Film Fest Saturday 1.55pm http://t.co/tK7zjxkzPt #indiefilm #filmmaking #gfilm »
- Flynnwriter: An amazing one day masterclass by the makers of Kaleidoscope Man (Phase 2 Funding) http://t.co/zGsGEy8WsU via @kickstarter #gfilm #indiefilm »
- janetvaneeden: RT @livingspiritpix: Making 'The Kings Speech' one hour masterclass and script, from #Gfilm masterclass http://t.co/HQpAWdwVAk »
- StevenBrunton: RT @livingspiritpix: Get your script performed at the London Screenwriters’ Festival http://t.co/4luPst1X3S #LondonSWF #Gfilm »
- View All