Money. It’s the biggest problem any filmmaker faces. Great ideas are worth diddly if you can’t shoot, edited and get your film out there – and to do that, even at the most microbudget level – you will need cash. In this podcast with producer Ivan Clements, we talk about getting your film financed using [...]
Film maker Leilani Holmes has always been a vocal supporter of everything I do, and so when I discovered she was producing an ambitious short, I asked her to share her thoughts with us all. She is running an IndieGoGo campaign for her film ‘Clowning Around’, and after I post this blog, I am heading [...]
I am working on the presentation for my 2 Day Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass (still available for £60 here) in London on June 4th and 5th, and specifically building the section on funding / financing in 2011 (I wrote a blog on the important distinction between funding and financing earlier in the year). Attracting money [...]
Let Ted Hope and Christine Vachon, producers of over 53 features and over $197m at the US box office since 1986 show you the #1 way to attract financiers, distributors and A-list talent to your project!
Last Sunday was the very first American Independents Day, this year (which sold out) it was with producers and rockstars of American Indie film, Ted Hope and Christine Vachon… and the atmosphere ion the room was electric! Producer Mike Mindel (www.dontlethimin.com) has been good enough to share his extensive and detailed notes with us all [...]
Following last weeks successful podcast with IndieGoGo’s Danae Ringelmann (listen here), I promised I would follow up with a series on crowd funding. This is the second in that series, the final one coming next week in the form of a specific ‘how to’ article, but for now, here is a podcast I recorded today [...]
Is IndieGoGo Right For You? A Guide To Crowdfunding, Part 1: Podcast with IndieGoGo founder Danae Ringelmann
Crowd Funding has become the first step toward financing that many indie film makers make. Of course, it’s often part of a bigger financial picture, but it can represent that all important seed money, gap funding, completion money or even represent complete budgets. When I made ‘Gone Fishing’ I used crowd funding for the entire [...]
Tweet Have you made a ‘film’ or a ‘movie’? More importantly, are you seeking ‘funding’ or ‘financing’? Some time ago I blogged about this cartoon by Alan Parker. I love it because it captures the essence of why I believe state funding for film is not always a good thing, how it fosters a sense [...]
So… much has been said about the closure of the UKFC. Little remains for me to add that has not already been said over and over. It appears to me that people are polarised into two groups. 1. Those who gained something tangible and useful from the UKFC2. Those how gained little or nothing from [...]
When I haven’t written a blog entry for three of four days you know one of a three things have taken place in my life. Either I am writing, or not much has happened, or so much has happened that I just can’t get to the computer! It’s the latter. Since the book launch on [...]
Leafing through this months Moviescope Magazine (in which I have an article), I noticed an article by Stephen Follows. I met Stephen for the first time a few years ago and I was impressed with his energy and enthusiasm – he seems to be capable of speech at about 150% normal human speed. Lord only [...]
Some time ago I asked if any of our 175 Associate Producers would like to attend a film festival on behalf of Gone Fishing (I have run out of money!). Of course there would be no expenses or flights, but certainly a ripping time and life experience to be had. From my home town, Wigan [...]
Extraordinary news! We have managed to secure corporate sponsorship for our endeavours over the next few months! What does this mean? In short, we can make sure that we attend all the big events and that we can video blog it fully. But you were already doing that I hear you say. Yes, you are [...]
Great news! Executive Producer David Hardwick has come onboard Gone Fishing, adding to our coffers. This is particularly good news for me as Dave has now invested in every single film I have made! He should be given a knighthood as a patron for the arts! The pic here is taken in Cannes a few [...]
We hit our 100th contributor last night (thank you Wendy!), bringing the total raised so far to… £19,685! Blimey! I mean really, BLIMEY! We are still short though, so if you know anyone who may want to come on the course or come to the premiere, click here. I have been working on the £100 [...]
I am delighted to announce that the production company, Bradgate Films, have come on board as a co-producer for ‘Gone Fishing’. Through their excellent connections they have managed to bring £5k of private investment to the project, which is excellent news. Here is what Bradgate say about themselves… 'Bradgate Films are an emerging, midlands based [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- robertgwilsn: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- osmium10: I always said this would happen http://t.co/oeWZKo4e2X #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #screenwriting #indiefilm »
- Megachrist: RT @grahaminman: #VampireMob creator @JoeWilsonTV on @indiegogo http://t.co/aYcCBMsYkE #crowdfunding #indiefilm #gfilm »
- Megachrist: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- View All