Danny Stack just contaced me with some good news, so I asked him to blog about it… Over to Danny! Origin http://www.originshortfilm.co.uk/, my supernatural short film, has just won Best Horror Short at this year’s London Independent Film Festival. It’s hugely satisfying to get this kind of recognition on a project that I have slaved [...]
I thought I would share the recent sales report I got from iTunes via Network Ireland for my short Gone Fishing. The report landed on my desk around the same time as VFX expert Russ Wharton emailed me from his iPhone commenting that Gone Fishing is still charting VERY highly on iTunes shorts – when [...]
Leilani Holmes, film maker and friend, was one of the most vocal supporters of ‘Gone Fishing’. And so when I heard she was making a film, ‘Clowning Around’, and running an IndieGoGo campaign, I was one of the first to contribute. Lielani and her team ran a stellar campaign and raised $8,900 in total. One [...]
A few months back I posted a series of blogs about DynamoPlayer, a cool way for me to rent my films or consumers online. You can read those original posts here and here. Soon after, I was contacted by a dynamic pair of Scotts film makers who had been beavering away at their own solution, [...]
‘If you are going through hell, keep going…’ That’s what Winston Churchill said at any rate. And hell is what I was going through last Tuesday. Not because of a catastrophe on set or difficult actors, or even a crew that was making mistakes. On the contrary, everyone both in front on the camera and [...]
I have been a little light on the blog front because I have been on set shooting a drama on Canon 5D MKII. It’s been terrific to actually be on the set of a major drama, shooting DSLR, just ahead of the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass as it has really focussed my mind on what [...]
UPDATE – With 1 hour to go, John reached his goal! Thanks to everyone who contributed. Actor and Producer John Schwab has always been a great supporter of everything I have done. And he was one of the very first contributors to Gone Fishing. And so when I got this email from him today about [...]
I am working on the presentation for my 2 Day Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass (still available for £60 here) in London on June 4th and 5th, and specifically building the section on funding / financing in 2011 (I wrote a blog on the important distinction between funding and financing earlier in the year). Attracting money [...]
A couple of weeks back was ‘DynamoPlayer week’ on my blog. At the time, as part of the analysis on DynamoPlayer I complained that I had not received any statements from Apple / iTunes / Shorts International… and as if by magic, my first one turned up last week! So a brief analysis of how [...]
Above is a great animation that really sets out the scale and value that Facebook offers ANY business, not just film. And on that note, I finally got Gone Fishing up and on Facebook! Users can now rent and watch ‘Gone Fishing’ directly on Facebook (click here to see it in action), powered by DynamoPlayer [...]
Why Does Anyone NEED To Watch Your Film? DynamoPlayer After One Week… Thoughts, opinions and feedback…
So Gone Fishing has been available for one week on DynamoPlayer (click on stats image to the right for a bigger view). I thought I would share some of the comments that I have received via blog, email and other sites. On my blog and after the first post on Dynamoplayer last Monday, Mike Barnes [...]
More Important than YouTube, Canon 5D MkII and Vimeo..? Get Ready For A Film Makers GAMECHANGER in 2011…
Go on, Click the Play Button above… isn’t that a Game Changer? The last two years have seen more change in Indie film than ever before. There have been THREE major developments, First, the DSLR revolution and the Canon 5D MkII. This put high quality, low cost cameras into the hands of film makers. That [...]
Is IndieGoGo Right For You? A Guide To Crowdfunding, Part 1: Podcast with IndieGoGo founder Danae Ringelmann
Crowd Funding has become the first step toward financing that many indie film makers make. Of course, it’s often part of a bigger financial picture, but it can represent that all important seed money, gap funding, completion money or even represent complete budgets. When I made ‘Gone Fishing’ I used crowd funding for the entire [...]
Note – this is the introduction video to the workshop (clip from the actual course below) // REDUCED FROM £69.99 to £37.99 – SIGN UP HERE! The ‘Gone Fishing’ online Workshop is still on sale, reduced from £69.99 to just £37.99. Loads of film makers signed up after Christmas, to grab this bargain and to [...]
Pictured here are my business partner David Chamberlains kids, glued to the screen and watching ‘Gone Fishing’. When they get to the end the usually shout out ‘Again, again! We want to see Goliath!’ It always amazes me how kids really ‘get’ it. Every year I receive emails from people who discover this short film [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- robertgwilsn: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- osmium10: I always said this would happen http://t.co/oeWZKo4e2X #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #screenwriting #indiefilm »
- Megachrist: RT @grahaminman: #VampireMob creator @JoeWilsonTV on @indiegogo http://t.co/aYcCBMsYkE #crowdfunding #indiefilm #gfilm »
- Megachrist: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- View All