The Guerilla Filmmakers Masterclass DATE: June June 15th / 16th VENUE: Regents College, Regents Park, London Price: £85 (inc VAT) with discount code CHRISJONES What’s the secret to making your movie? Believe, learn on the journey and take MASSIVE action NOW. Not tomorrow. Not one day, some day. NOW! We are living into an extraordinary [...]
Last year I became aware of a low budget feature shot in Brighton called ‘Pictures Of Lilly’, and so I asked the director, Mark Banks, to share his insights on his debut production… Over to Mark… Preparation Ache. I don’t think you can over prepare for a shoot – I wouldn’t know though because I [...]
After a few weeks longer production time than expected, the new Hollywood Pocketbooks books have finally arrived. Those of you who pre-ordered, THANK YOU, the books will go out today. If you don’t know about this book, it’s our first self published pocketbook in the Guerilla Filmmakers Handbook series – and one of many hyper-targeted [...]
‘Read this book, you’ll be five steps ahead of the game before you get off the plane’ Matt O’Toole, Co-Producer ‘The Expendables 1 and 2′ Over the last few months, Gen in LA has been putting the finishing touches to our new pocketbook, Breaking Into Hollywood: A Guerilla Pocketbook. We just sent it off to [...]
So we have a shiny new website for The Guerilla Film Makers Handbook series – www.GuerillaFilm.com And not to soon too as Gen and Zee in LA have just completed and published the second edition of their Documentary Handbook, bang up to date a crammed with new case studies and expert interviews. The official page [...]
Do you have a copy of a Guerilla Film Makers Handbook? Has it helped you? If you do and it has, I would like to invite you to contribute to the new Guerilla Film Maker Handbooks site www.GuerillaFilm.com. We will give you a page on the website where you can share your story. Te first [...]
Top Ten Microbudget Tips: With a crew of 2 and budget of £500… what can be achieved? Jaw dropping work…
I asked DSLR magician Ken Simpson to share how he manages to pull off amazing movies with very little kit, crew but tons of guts. Here’s his detailed response… pretty amazing advice… I’ve had more than a few people ask me how I was able to achieve such a high level of production value with [...]
Do you want to know how to get big name stars in your movie? Producer Stephen Follows will share with you his cheeky sneaky tactic to get named actors to consider your project… And that’s just one of eight tips, tricks, tactics and strategies in this short Practical Producer video seminar. If you want to [...]
I thought I would share the email I just sent to the 350 delegates from The Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass. The two day event was euphoric, transformative and massively motivating… but we also live in the real world… Anyhow, I hope you get something from it too… Dear Guerilla Film Maker… How are you doing? [...]
Last Monday I was invited by the BBC to appear on their late night arts show on Radio 3, Night Waves. I was to chat with film critic Kim Newman about king of low budgets Roger Corman (in light of a new documentary that has just been released). You can listen to the show below [...]
It’s hard to put into words what I get out of the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass. For me, the experience is exhilarating, challenging, moving, humbling but ultimately focussing… You see I may be the guy on the stage, but I am really just the focus for the passion, enthusiasm and creativity unleashed by 350 film [...]
Get live updates from the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass 2012… Official hashtag is #GFilm // // ]]>//
Last year when I held the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass I thought I would never be able to repeat that extraordinary experience – if you were there, you know what I am talking about. The atmosphere was electric, partly because we had a packed house of 370 film makers. I was sure that if I [...]
Friday Feb 17th, and as part of the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass, I will be running an evening pre-registration seminar with David Reynolds of Realm Media. Many of you will know Dave as he is the face and driving force behind a series of uber successful no-budget productions such as Zomblies, as well as his [...]
Find out how Brit Film makers with no track record made a killer psycho horror and released it worldwide. Case study: Panic Button When Friday 17th Feb (at the pre registration for The Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass) Where: London School of Film, Media & Performance, Regent’s College Inner Circle, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4NS Tickets: [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- fnafilms: RT @livingspiritpix: The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask http://t.co/K6p09z3fpX #gfilm »
- livingspiritpix: The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask http://t.co/K6p09z3fpX #gfilm »
- osmium10: Screenwriting in Paradise with Kubrick's Producer http://t.co/lpqKxetESN #screenwriting #indiefilm #scriptchat #gfilm #filmmaking »
- shericandler: Gr8 piece RT @osmium10: I mentioned you in this interview http://t.co/Yup6LhQQAS #filmmaking #indiefilm #gfilm @shericandler @Jon_Reiss »
- View All