This weekend gone, Richard Holmes ran his Advanced Producing workshop which was a resounding success. It was crammed with hard won lessons, delivered with charm and wit and spectacularly open an authentic. If you would like info on when we run this event again, sign up below. ‘Sage advice from a prolific producer’ Mike Mindel, [...]
Yesterdays Advanced Producing masterclass with Richard Holmes was a HUGE success. I thought I would share some of the Twitter love with you. You can follow Richard on Twitter at @BigRichFilms. garethidavies: Hats off to @BigRichFilms & @livingspiritpix for an EXCEPTIONAL 1 day, info-tastic deconstruction in how to produce a £1M+ Movie! jamestovell: 58 pages [...]
The Guerilla Filmmakers Masterclass DATE: June June 15th / 16th VENUE: Regents College, Regents Park, London Price: £85 (inc VAT) with discount code CHRISJONES What’s the secret to making your movie? Believe, learn on the journey and take MASSIVE action NOW. Not tomorrow. Not one day, some day. NOW! We are living into an extraordinary [...]
When we hosted this workshop with Ted Hope and Christine Vachon on professional producing, we committed to filming and sharing it. It’s in four parts and really quite something. You can watch part one here. If you would like parts two, three and four, head over to www.AmericanIndependentsDay.com and sign up. It’s 100% free. About [...]
Top Ten Microbudget Tips: With a crew of 2 and budget of £500… what can be achieved? Jaw dropping work…
I asked DSLR magician Ken Simpson to share how he manages to pull off amazing movies with very little kit, crew but tons of guts. Here’s his detailed response… pretty amazing advice… I’ve had more than a few people ask me how I was able to achieve such a high level of production value with [...]
Do you want to know how to get big name stars in your movie? Producer Stephen Follows will share with you his cheeky sneaky tactic to get named actors to consider your project… And that’s just one of eight tips, tricks, tactics and strategies in this short Practical Producer video seminar. If you want to [...]
I thought I would share the email I just sent to the 350 delegates from The Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass. The two day event was euphoric, transformative and massively motivating… but we also live in the real world… Anyhow, I hope you get something from it too… Dear Guerilla Film Maker… How are you doing? [...]
Guest blog by Justin Tagg. www.sponsume.com/project/mouse Filmmaking is not about I. It’s about we. Maybe that WE is the crew you surround yourself with. Maybe it’s the characters in your story or maybe it’s the friends that support you when the going gets tough and celebrate with you when you make it BIG. Maybe it’s [...]
It’s hard to put into words what I get out of the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass. For me, the experience is exhilarating, challenging, moving, humbling but ultimately focussing… You see I may be the guy on the stage, but I am really just the focus for the passion, enthusiasm and creativity unleashed by 350 film [...]
Get live updates from the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass 2012… Official hashtag is #GFilm // // ]]>//
Last year when I held the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass I thought I would never be able to repeat that extraordinary experience – if you were there, you know what I am talking about. The atmosphere was electric, partly because we had a packed house of 370 film makers. I was sure that if I [...]
Friday Feb 17th, and as part of the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass, I will be running an evening pre-registration seminar with David Reynolds of Realm Media. Many of you will know Dave as he is the face and driving force behind a series of uber successful no-budget productions such as Zomblies, as well as his [...]
Find out how Brit Film makers with no track record made a killer psycho horror and released it worldwide. Case study: Panic Button When Friday 17th Feb (at the pre registration for The Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass) Where: London School of Film, Media & Performance, Regent’s College Inner Circle, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4NS Tickets: [...]
Do you need funding for your film? I don’t mean it as ‘hey listen to me ‘cos I can tell you where the money is’. I mean it as ‘do you actually need as much money as you are trying to find?’ The reason I ask is that so many filmmakers are stuck in the [...]
Last year film maker Anil Rao attended the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass. Then he entered the London Screenwriters’ Festival short film competition about the London riots with a film he put together in just one day… and he ended up winning (film above – official page about the competition here). He recently posted his thoughts [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- londonswf: So, what's the goss on Cannes? #scriptchat. #screenwriting #Filmmaking #GFilm #amwriting »
- osmium10: These are really fascinating photos http://t.co/tdF1QBuzHd #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #indiefilm #screenwriting »
- londonswf: Reckon @Bang2write is going to get FLOODED with submissions for the B2WUp, haha!!! http://t.co/WH9OVsQduj #scriptchat #screenwriting #GFilm »
- Bang2write: RT @londonswf: #scriptchat #GFilm @Bang2write wants your submissions ... Check it out... http://t.co/4VCy3mshn8 »
- View All