I am spending the weekend building and updating my presentation for The Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass on June 4th and 5th. (90% sold out now, so don’t wait if you want to come, and use the discount code CHRISJONESBLOG to get it for £60, reduced from £119.00 – go here http://www.guerillamasterclass.com) And I wanted to [...]
Micro Budget Film Making Law Number 8… Get A Single Shooting Location To Fulfill Multiple Story Locations
If you want to make the most out of your limited resources, look at the locations you have and tailor your screenplay to match what is available. I am in the thick of production on a very ambitious drama to be shot on DSLR next week, and the budget is really, really tight. Today I [...]
Today I went to a location just East of LA called The Vasquez Rocks. It was to film the introduction to my online seminar, and wanted a backdrop that suited the tone of the intro. I was particularly excited to go to the Vasquez Rocks as it was a heavily used location for film and [...]
I flew into Vancouver, BC, Canada a few days ago, with a dual remit. First off, I am running my two day Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass here at a film makers conference called FTX West. Second, I am location scouting for Rocketboy and plan to spend a week looking for amazing places to shoot the [...]
Saturday morning, the day after the pickup shoot, and I am looking out of my window in amazement at the weather. According to the BBC it should be bright sun, and it’s grey and miserable. Yesterday on the other hand, the day we shot, WAS AMAZING SUNSHINE! We could not have been luckier with the [...]
Gone Fishing looks absolutely amazing. In large part this is down to Vernon’s photography and his insistence that we wait on the sun. We were very lucky in the main shoot and managed to shot mostly in bright sunshine, which Vernon then filled the harsh shadows with a whopping great 15k light and bounce boards. [...]
I spent the most of yesterday wandering around our main location for the shoot – Bury Hill Fisheries, near Dorking. This venue has a lot of advantages and disadvantages. First off disadvantages – it just isn’t as spectacular as we wanted. Second, there could be a lot of fishermen on the days we shoot, though [...]
Today has been a big day – the final prep meeting before we officially move into pre production, lock down and head out. Some big choices have needed to be made. Producer Ivan Clemments and I, sat around a table and worked through the script, budget and schedule. Passions ran high – after all, I [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- GoodtobeWood: RT @alli_and_that: Really quick turnarounds on my script reading service at the moment! Check it out here: http://t.co/NJQ4FduNxT #gfilm #scriptchat »
- alli_and_that: Really quick turnarounds on my script reading service at the moment! Check it out here: http://t.co/NJQ4FduNxT #gfilm #scriptchat »
- osmium10: It's really tough out there http://t.co/e972vlfN9D #filmmaking #indiefilm #screenwriting #gfilm #scriptchat »
- grahaminman: Who's going to "How To Fund A Film" on the 1st of June? http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #London #Filmmaking »
- View All