It's been a great year for EXAM, prize-wise. First we got a BIFA nomination, then a BAFTA nomination, then we won the Santa Barbara Film Festival, and recently we scooped the Golden Hitchcock Award at the Dinard Film Festival. You might think our eligibility cycle would be over by now… but you'd be wrong. There [...]
Here’s how the Hollywood Reporter broke the story… ‘Genevieve Jolliffe and Andrew Zinnes have set up the spec Absolute Angels at Warner Bros. Pictures, with Jolliffe attached to direct. Mosaic Media’s Charles Roven (The Dark Knight) and Alex Gartner (Get Smart) are producing. Karen Walton (Ginger Snaps) will do a quick rewrite on the project. [...]
Empire reviews and feature are in for EXAM… and it’s a Pass With Distinction… and your last chance to get tickets for special film makers autopsy on Sunday afternoon
EXAM is officially released in cinemas today, and in case you have skipped the blog for the last week, let’s recap – we have a REALLY exciting event on Sunday afternoon (10th Jan), at the Odeon, Panton St, Central London at 2.15. The movie will be screened, not off 35mm as I had first thought, [...]
As Christmas closes in, after three days of editing and mastering the opus of all wedding videos for my girlfriends sister Maria, I can relax into a delightful evening with the final two episodes of ‘Dexter’… Mmmm, lovely Christmas eve! I have had a lot of feedback from the Apple TV blog, mostly about both [...]
Leafing through this months Moviescope Magazine (in which I have an article), I noticed an article by Stephen Follows. I met Stephen for the first time a few years ago and I was impressed with his energy and enthusiasm – he seems to be capable of speech at about 150% normal human speed. Lord only [...]
Today my MovieMaker magazine arrived from the states, an indie film rag that I subscribe to. Flicking through it, I noticed there was a roundup of film festivals, and saw that the Sedona Film Festival was included. You may know that we attended the Sedona Film Festival this year with Gone Fishing and it was [...]
As we all knuckle down for the impact of the credit crunch, I have been wondering how film makers will be doing in these so called dark times. Traditionally, film has always done well in times of depression and stress. After all, film is a great escape, it’s local, It’s big and bright, and most [...]
I have just arrived at the Sedona Film Festival in Arizona, and will be letting you know how it akk goes… On the flight over, I have been working on a feature for MovieScope magazine about piracy. It’s not going to be the usual ‘outrage at copyright theft’ and ‘how to stop pirates’ article, but [...]
This months Moviescope magazine is carrying a feature that I wrote about Gone Fishing and what I have learned on the journey. You can buy it in print, or you can sign up for the free digital edition and get access to it online. It was quite a hard feature to write as I had [...]
We have just received our first press, from the local newspaper in my home town of Wigan. You can read the article here. The great thing about local press is that they always paint you in a good light, and also give you lots of space. This kind of grass roots coverage is always good [...]
Now that the three part Total Film Articles, written by team Living Spirit, are no longer on the shelves, we have uploaded the whole lot to our website. That’s 26 Pages of starter tips and hints for making your first short film. It’s a 12mb PDF download and you can get it here… Onward and [...]
The third and final part of Team Living Spirit’s series on how to make a film is out now and deals with the post production process, from editing and sound to getting a deal, going to film festivals and even self distribution. We hope you have enjoyed this three part guide to just getting on [...]
Part of the Total Film article I just wrote, wasn’t used. It’s an exercise really, to get us all used to negotiating more than we feel comfortably doing. This will give you an edge. So here is the text… Everything is negotiable To a film producer, every penny spent is a penny that could be [...]
So I have come back from a brief break to find, at the airport, part two of team Living Spirit’s How To Make A Movie in Total Film Magazine. This one deals with the actual making of the movie, where the last was about the concept and script. You can download the first couple of [...]
The first part of our three part ‘How To Make A Movie Feature’ for UK Film Mag TOTAL FILM is now out. A full eight pages of starter tips from Team Living Spirit! Here is one little chunk from this first part… GET A CAREER PLANMost people don’t think beyond the movie they’re making right [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- JodieTouhy: RT @grahaminman: Django Unchained PDF #screenplay download http://t.co/KyhuYnPjY7 #scriptchat #indiefilm #GFilm »
- londonswf: So, what's the goss on Cannes? #scriptchat. #screenwriting #Filmmaking #GFilm #amwriting »
- osmium10: These are really fascinating photos http://t.co/tdF1QBuzHd #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #indiefilm #screenwriting »
- londonswf: Reckon @Bang2write is going to get FLOODED with submissions for the B2WUp, haha!!! http://t.co/WH9OVsQduj #scriptchat #screenwriting #GFilm »
- View All