We are in the process of launching a new channel for screenwriting training called www.RadioLSF.com and we invited composers to submit tracks – if selected they would be featured on the channel. Consequently, I have just listened to around 1,000 tracks from emerging composers and have learned a great deal about new musical talent in [...]
Over the past days, a few people have asked for various things from my first movie and ‘baptism of fire’, ‘The Runner’ – photos, DVDs and the soundtrack. I shared the soundtrack on SoundCloud (above) and it got me thinking about what I learned about music on that first feature film. Here are my thoughts…. [...]
Last weekend I managed to get VIP tickets to the Fein Festival in Finsbury Park. And I ended up onstage with Thin Lizzy for the final set of the event. It’s a long story as to how this happened and it was a lovely unfolding evening of surprises for both Lucia and myself. It was [...]
Over the last few days, there has been a flurry of Gone Fishing activity. I can confirm that we have indeed sold the film to a major TV broadcaster! Can’t say who yet, but it’s very exciting. Also some more awards will be announced soon, again, can’t say what just now but will do in [...]
As the dust settles after the screening of ‘Urban Ghost Story’ on the BBC this week, I thought I would do a final post to share some stuff that I have had requests for. Above is the ‘making of’ documentary from the DVD. Made around 2002 before Genevieve headed for Hollywood… The full 30 pages [...]
All this week I am on location shooting an ambitious corporate film for a major technology company. The film is going to be showing lots of cool new technology in action, and as such, it’s been my job to get all that kit working for the camera. I have always been a techno-geek, so this [...]
The video is complete, and the band LOVE IT! If you haven’t already, watch the video blog above and marvel at how a few extras can be encouraged to go crazy and end looking like a huge crowd – I am amazed myself that we pulled this one off! This was so much fun to [...]
Over the last week or so I have been producing a music promo for an emerging band called The Silence Within. They are from the Kerrang school of music, so think NuMetal, Linkin Park etc. They are also a good looking bunch of lads, so we have high hopes for them on Kerrang and Scuzz [...]
I have received a huge amount of emails from people saying how much they enjoyed the film. I have also had requests about the music, some of you want to know how to hear it again. So I have made up a short edit of the music tracks, which runs for about 15 minutes, and [...]
I have been working on music (STILL I KNOW!)for the last few days and have come to believe that in order to get the immense and epic battle music I need, I am going to have to use some library or production music. This seems to me to be the only way to get that [...]
Still working on music for Gone Fishing. We have entered that dreaded stage where we have fallen in love with the temporary music we used, and anything else, just does not do the same job. This is a typical problem and I am trying hard to stay focussed on a solution and not on what [...]
Last night I worked with Eddie Hamilton and we did the second cut of the film. This was to generally tidy, trim and make neat and perfect all the cuts in the movie. Also to add storyboarded shots that we will be filming next week in a pickup shoot day, and finally to tackle the [...]
We are now adding music to Gone Fishing, and for part of the score, I am using music pulled from one of the unique music libraries here in the UK – Audio Network has thousands of tracks that you can use in your production, for a one off fee of £250 – all rights, worldwide. [...]
Music is always a vital element of any movie, and I have often felt that it’s all too often used to prop up dodgy drama. There is that great Alan Parker cartoon that says something like, ‘the script is terrible, actors incompetent, director an idiot, editing is terrible – right we’d better fire the composer!’ [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- antonsays: RT @TomKerevan: http://t.co/8TjIN82k6N Thank you for interviewing me! Courtesy of @paper_castle #londonswf #gfilm #shamelessselfpromotion :-) »
- FreyaB_73: RT @livingspiritpix: Amanda Palmer and he TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ from #docsummit delegate @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- simonreglar: RT @livingspiritpix: Have you seen our feature promo for #50kisses yet? http://t.co/uLa40bMzt8 #Gfilm »
- ikonicfilms: Couple of shots from different versions of Advice in here: MT @livingspiritpix: feature promo for #50kisses http://t.co/YECw6LCwKW #Gfilm »
- View All