Today I went to Cinesite to meet with the legendary Mitch Mitchell, to discuss how we are going to get ‘Gone Fishing’ onto 35mm. Mitch is a very experienced digital post production guru, who has even written one of the best books on the subject – Visual Effects for Film and Television. Cinesite have worked [...]
Last night I collected the camera negative for ‘Gone Fishing’ from Midnight Transfer, who digitally conformed and graded the movie. This brings up one of the hidden problems that always needs dealing with when you make a movie. What do you do with all the stuff? 35mm neg is big and heavy and there were [...]
So now we have tow major steps to complete for Gone Fishing. First is getting it out there, getting the film working for us, especially with regard to things like film festivals, awards, agents, managers, studio executives etc. More on that in the next few days. The other major step is to complete Gone Fishing [...]
So the final mastering stages of ‘Gone Fishing’ have begun. I popped into the Film Clinic today to have a look at some of the problems we have with a few rolls of the film negative. When it was processed, some of the chemicals turned out to be a little dirty, and all manner of [...]
I have received a load of mails from people regarding BluRay and HD DVD. Thanks so much for that. Here are two pertinent comments… James McGough wrote…I read on your blog you're thinking about which HD format to support. I've been doing the same recently and decided to back Blu-ray so I thought I'd share [...]
Last night was the first truly dark night on this production. It was HELL! Yesterday we got word from the lab that the negative had been misplaced. No-one actually knew where it was. It was frankly, LOST! That fact was further complicated by it being late in the day and after six, everyone went home. [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- rockyohio: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 - June 1st #London http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #Docsummit #IndieFilm »
- robertshutter: RT @VHSMassacre Cool stuff! RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 - June 1st #London http://t.co/RksiSUs5xX #GFilm #Docsumm... »
- VHSMassacre: Cool stuff! RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 - June 1st #London http://t.co/kQmQ7JflXs #GFilm #Docsummit #IndieFilm »
- antonycousins: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 - June 1st #London http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #Docsummit #IndieFilm »
- View All