This weekend coming, I will be running my weekend masterclass at Ealing Studios, and probably, the last one for some time. Every time I run one of these classes, I spend time beforehand reflecting on current trends and shifts in film making. Of course, I still have last weekends premiere bouncing around and I am [...]
So we locked the picture edit at 1.45am last night. Editor Eddie Hamilton and I made a huge number of tweaks that at first glance, are fairly minimal in impact, but we both know that they made a big difference holistically. At one point Eddie stopped and looked at me grinning and commenting that ‘it’s [...]
We have been editing, testing, editing, testing… and getting great results and feedback in these screenings. In some ways we are now slipping into analysis paralysis on some points, but on others, we are really having to fine tune the edit. For me, great movies stretch the credible right to the very edge. You take [...]
Last night I worked until 2am with editor Eddie Hamilton as we fine tuned the third major recut of the film. This third cut is really a long series of tweaks rather than a re-cut. I think we had the structure nailed in the last edit. This edit was all about adding the shots we [...]
I thought I would just outline our post production process so far, for those who are interested. We shot 35mm, which was processed overnight at Bucks labs, and then shipped in the morning to central London where Midnight Transfer did the 35mm telecine to DVCam, with all the relevant information such as lab roll, timecodes [...]
I am starting work on one of my favourite parts of the film making process. The pickup shoot. This is a one day shoot with minimal crew where you get all those little shots you didn’t get during the main shoot, or new shots you thought up in the edit, so as to help tell [...]
Last night I worked with Eddie Hamilton and we did the second cut of the film. This was to generally tidy, trim and make neat and perfect all the cuts in the movie. Also to add storyboarded shots that we will be filming next week in a pickup shoot day, and finally to tackle the [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- ekingfarlow: HUGE thanks to @DocSummit & @livingspiritpix plus all the GREAT speakers & #GFilm helpers for an exhausting & inspiring #DocSummit wknd! :-D »
- SulledOut: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- paulmac708: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- ChainOfTitle: RT @livingspiritpix: How you could kill your film dead: Nightmare case study and Chain of Title http://t.co/0BFTIS3nPz #Gfilm »
- View All