Last week was the week from hell. Aside from all the Gone Fishing stuff, I had to take care or an enormous corporate video job, and host one of my gruelling two day masterclasses over the weekend. The corporate job was ENORMOUS and I enlisted the help of second unit director on Gone Fishing, Simon [...]
Today, the Film Festival plans for Gone Fishing took their first big steps. I met with the charming Kasia Skibinska from the British Council – she looked relieved whe I saw her as it’s just been reported that the knife hanging over the film department at the BC has (for now) been removed. It’s business [...]
This weekend coming, I will be running my weekend masterclass at Ealing Studios, and probably, the last one for some time. Every time I run one of these classes, I spend time beforehand reflecting on current trends and shifts in film making. Of course, I still have last weekends premiere bouncing around and I am [...]
Every film I have ever made has made it out to many film festivals. Luckily for me, I live in the UK and the British Council has always been there to help get my movies, and the movies of other UK film makers, out there. Essentially, they help promote British Culture abroad. I am going [...]
So now we have tow major steps to complete for Gone Fishing. First is getting it out there, getting the film working for us, especially with regard to things like film festivals, awards, agents, managers, studio executives etc. More on that in the next few days. The other major step is to complete Gone Fishing [...]
I am now working out how to make an HD DVD or BluRay disk for Gone Fishing, so I can show it on courses and at home in HD – and also, send it off to festivals (if they start to move in the ‘domestic HD delivery format’ direction). While the difference between DVD and [...]
Over the last few days I have received over 100 congratulatory emails. Thank you to everyone who wrote, it was touching, and also great for other cast and crew members to hear just how much you appreciated the design, costumes, makeup, image, music, sound… I don’t have space for them all, so here are a [...]
I have uploaded most of the photos that I have received from people who attended the ‘Gone Fishing’ premiere last weekend. They are in a Flckr account, which after some trawling, I decided was the best way to do it (if anyone knows a better online free photo share site, let me know). The pics [...]
I have received a huge amount of emails from people saying how much they enjoyed the film. I have also had requests about the music, some of you want to know how to hear it again. So I have made up a short edit of the music tracks, which runs for about 15 minutes, and [...]
If you have problems playing the video, click here After a long, hard, but immensely rewarding day running the seminar on ‘Gone Fishing’, the time had come to get changed into my DJ and prepare for the premiere. We had been very worried about numbers as we had invited nearly 300 people to the event, [...]
Blimey! Blimey! And thrice blimey! What a day Saturday was, the ‘Gone Fishing’ Seminar and World Premiere. I am going to write about the seminar today and premiere tomorrow. I had been thinking about the seminar from before I made Gone Fishing, and so collated all the important document and materials. I thought the course [...]
As I promised today, the day after the premiere for Gone Fishing, is that of lying down, snoozing and pizza. I am really extraordinarly tired. I will be reporting on the seminar and premiere over the next few days, with photos and hopefully a video too. Never mind onward and upward, now it's stay still [...]
Today is the day….No more procrastinating. It’s all ready, or as ready as it could be… It’s 6.30am as I write this and ahead of me lies a whole day seminar on the making of Fishing, followed by the world premiere at BAFTA. I can’t tell you how many things could go wrong… but I [...]
One day to go… And the film is still not complete! And BAFTA keep changing their minds about what we can and cannot do in terms of screening… And I am about to have a heart attack! The seminar is all coming together nicely though, and it looks like it will be an amazing day. [...]
The last few days have been a whirlwind of preparations for both the seminar and premiere of Gone Fishing on Saturday. Believe it or not, with only two days to go, the film is not yet complete! Right now, it is being de-spotted by Tom, at Midnight Transfer. We shot on Gone Fishing on film, [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- ElliotM2312: RT @livingspiritpix: Making 'The Kings Speech' one hour masterclass and script, from #Gfilm masterclass http://t.co/HQpAWdwVAk »
- livingspiritpix: Making 'The Kings Speech' one hour masterclass and script, from #Gfilm masterclass http://t.co/HQpAWdwVAk »
- grahaminman: RT @livingspiritpix: One hour masterclass on 'Lonely Place To Die' with screenplay http://t.co/t9Y81zwfDO #Gfilm »
- livingspiritpix: One hour masterclass on 'Lonely Place To Die' with screenplay http://t.co/t9Y81zwfDO #Gfilm »
- View All