Is film dead? Earlier this year I was invited by Philip Bloom to come and watch a series of camera tests that compared a bunch of cameras that are available to film makers today. At the bottom end was the DSLR family, at the top end Alexa and film. The footage was screened from a [...]
Revolution is a word used too often. I have heard of revolution in film making again and again over the years. But now I believe we truly are inside of a real revolution. The ability to deliver high quality video over the web. The ability to market your film and connect directly with an audience. [...]
Following the two free podcasts with Philip Bloom, I just wanted to share with those of you who hadn’t seen his work yet, this AMAZING film he made a few weeks back… Here’s what Philip said on the Vimeo page… Filmed in Dubai over 5 days and nights. Shot on the Canon 7D, 2x5DmkII and [...]
As if one podcast with Philip Bloom were not enough, here is the second one we recorded specifically for the blog. In it Philip talks about his summoning to the Skywalker Ranch to meet the Grand Moff George Lucas (above is the film that he shot on his 5D while staying there, and this is [...]
Free Podcast with Philip Bloom… And is the Canon 5D Mk II a revolution for film makers in 2010? We think so…
So I have two days left to complete the new Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook, and goodness, we are on schedule! How do you like the cover? Today I have been editing a long interview I did with Philip Bloom, about shooting on HD DSLR cameras – below is a short podcast from the full podcast [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- osmium10: Polanski re-releasing F1 doc http://t.co/U8yL4UotJt #filmmaking #indiefilm #gfilm #cannes #scriptchat #screenwriting »
- andrewelias: RT @grahaminman: June 1st #London - How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- grahaminman: June 1st #London - How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- rockyohio: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 - June 1st #London http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #Docsummit #IndieFilm »
- View All