I just got an email about a film called INK – many of you will have heard about it. Indeed, we recently interviewed the film makers for the upcoming Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook. So the story this far is… just a few days before the big fanfare release in the USA, ‘Ink’, a US produced [...]
I am back in the UK and enjoying the fact that the weather here is about as good as it was in LA! The next feature for Moviescope landed on my desk today, an article I wrote about piracy, which sparked some debate when I discussed some of the principles on the blog (original post [...]
After I wrote my article for MovieScope on piracy, I came to a simple conclusion. Very few of us want piracy. Most of us want to play fair, pay fair prices, get fair access, and feel the creators get fair pay for their work. Piracy is a symptom of the near catastrophic breakdown of the [...]
I have just arrived at the Sedona Film Festival in Arizona, and will be letting you know how it akk goes… On the flight over, I have been working on a feature for MovieScope magazine about piracy. It’s not going to be the usual ‘outrage at copyright theft’ and ‘how to stop pirates’ article, but [...]
After posting the video of the sales event at Memorabilia last week, I have had a lot of emails on the subject of piracy, copy protection etc. This was sparked by an event which I wrote this about… A guy I was speaking to said that he had Urban Ghost Story (a film I made) [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- How to Speed Up Your Cultural Test When Applying For The UK Film Tax Credit May 24, 2013
- The Film Investors Check List – Answers to tough questions your investors will ask May 23, 2013
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- Helaine: RT @grahaminman: 80% of Filmmakers Are Not Building Their Audiences on Social Media: http://t.co/CxeySCZL7g via @filmcourage #gfilm #filmmaking #indiefilm »
- RealRobGibson: RT @grahaminman: Why People Succeed At #Crowdfunding by @Jon_Reiss: http://t.co/Ncn240NEEh via @filmcourage #indiefilm #gfilm »
- FlotillaOnline: RT @grahaminman: Why People Succeed At #Crowdfunding by @Jon_Reiss: http://t.co/Ncn240NEEh via @filmcourage #indiefilm #gfilm »
- Jade_Films: RT @grahaminman: Still time to support @SimonCoxFilm Kaleidoscope Man http://t.co/doRp1WITPJ #indiefilm #gfilm #filmmakers #film »
- View All