Yesterday I spent the whole day locked in a hotel suite with the Living Spirit team, discussing what feature project we should pursue in 2013. So why did we need to got to such extreme lengths as to lock our selves away to decide? Editor Simon Reglar commented half way through the day that he [...]
Over the last few days there has been a lot of chatter about pitching in the LSF Delegate Network – lot’s of writers have been asking Bob Schultz for pitching tips and I have had a few emails myself too. So I thought I would share my most basic advice about pitching with the community [...]
How do you get the most from your pitching opportunities? In this Podcast, the lovely Signe and Bob from the Great American Pitchfest share their massive pitching experience with us all – we can also reveal that while they are over here promoting their new feature film, Below Zero, starring Edward Furlong, they will also [...]
We have just announced Pitching Thursday at the London Screenwriters’ Festival (http://www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com/pitching-thursday) – and this year joining Charles Harris is Pilar Alessandra flying in from Hollywood. You can see Pilar in action above. Tickets for LSF delegates are £35 and non delegates are £75. We are nearly half sold out so don’t wait to get [...]
Over the last few days I have been training filmmakers from across Europe as part of a Euro initiative called Four Corners – and it’s been a blast! I have learned tons about pitching by listening to the filmmakers and mentoring them. So what where the big takeaways? 1. Get the genre clear Without the [...]
In this short three minute clip from his one hour seminar at the London Screenwriters’ Festival, Rowan Joffe succinctly explains the power, value and use of a pitch above and beyond ‘selling your story’. I heard this session when it was being edited and what he says really chimes in with my own experience in [...]
So I have had a mild flu this week. Nasty business. Sucked my energy and passion dry. And so today, as I feel like I am well on the road to recovery, I had the pleasure of being a ‘judge’ in a pitching session for a film school. Good for me as all I had [...]
I have been working all day on the Delivering Your Baby* (*that’s your film) seminar which I am running on Sunday at Ealing Studios. In conversation with various distributors and sales agents, I am struck at how hard it still is to make delivery of a film, especially in this day and age. It’s [...]
With dread in my heart, I approach now, the writing of the next project… And I take the first step… While I can write, I find it very hard. Much harder than I think many other writers do. I find it extremely draining, emotionally and physically. And there is a maximum of about three to [...]
Pitching is something I don’t fully enjoy, but when it goes well, I love it. I have been pitching my movie ‘Rocketboy’ around town this week and I have been using some new simple techniques I heard about from a professional negotiator. Here it is – ‘shut up’. I ask a question, ‘so tell me [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- Legend44: RT @grahaminman: June 1st #London The 27 steps to funding your film http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #IndieFilm #UK #EIS #taxfilmcredit »
- grahaminman: June 1st #London The 27 steps to funding your film http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #IndieFilm #UK #EIS #taxfilmcredit »
- ScriptPunk: RT @grahaminman: June 1st #London - How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- alli_and_that: Throwing a few more cents into the ring - think hard about your perks when you crowdfund: http://t.co/4GSV3wPV2I #scriptchat #gfilm »
- View All