A few weeks back I went to the BBC to record a lively debate on the state of British indie filmmaking, with Dominic Brunt and Marc Price. You can listen to the podcast above. Dominic Brunt is a TV actor turned director, whose recent release Before Dawn is receiving critical acclaim and Marc Price hit [...]
How do you get the most from your pitching opportunities? In this Podcast, the lovely Signe and Bob from the Great American Pitchfest share their massive pitching experience with us all – we can also reveal that while they are over here promoting their new feature film, Below Zero, starring Edward Furlong, they will also [...]
I posted a link from ‘Planes Trains and Automobiles’ on Facebook last night (above), as this movie as well as ‘Uncle Buck’, have endured as trusted comedies that, no matter how often I see them, still move me to tears and stitches. What I love about the scene above is the sheer craftsmanship – all [...]
For the opening of The Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass, I asked Rhys Davies to speak about his experience making ‘Zombie Undead’, a micro budget horror that he successfully sold in the UK. You can watch the video above. I was particularly pleased in that this session was to be followed by Gareth Unwin and ‘The [...]
Yesterday, we hosted a cracking ‘Script To Screen’ event at the Apollo Cinema with writer director Jonathan Newman on the opening weekend of his feature film ‘Swinging With The Finkels’. You can hear the whole podcast by signing up to our ‘Script To Screen’ email list below – just add your email and we will [...]
My First Visit To The Biggest Short Film Festival and Market In The World, Clermont Ferrand with Mazin Power
Did you know that the biggest short film market in the world takes place in the heart of France? Just six hours from London, with hotels that cost under 50 Euros a night? Should you go to sell you film? Film Maker Mazin Power decided to throw himself in at the deep end by attending [...]
Following last weeks successful podcast with IndieGoGo’s Danae Ringelmann (listen here), I promised I would follow up with a series on crowd funding. This is the second in that series, the final one coming next week in the form of a specific ‘how to’ article, but for now, here is a podcast I recorded today [...]
Is IndieGoGo Right For You? A Guide To Crowdfunding, Part 1: Podcast with IndieGoGo founder Danae Ringelmann
Crowd Funding has become the first step toward financing that many indie film makers make. Of course, it’s often part of a bigger financial picture, but it can represent that all important seed money, gap funding, completion money or even represent complete budgets. When I made ‘Gone Fishing’ I used crowd funding for the entire [...]
This fantastic 90 minute session on Writing For Hollywood, with writer of Death At A Funeral Dean Craig, writer / director of Solomon Kane Michael Bassett and writer director Jonny Newman explores techniques and tricks YOU can use to be successful in LA while living in the UK. This session was recorded at the London [...]
I recorded this podcast ahead of our two day documentary workshop at Ealing Studios on September 4th and 5th, to give you a flavour of some of the insights our delegates will be receiving at the workshop. You can get more information about it and read feedback from past delegates at howtomakeadocumenray.co.uk What’s extraordinary about [...]
Film Courage with David Branin and Karen interviews Chris Jones on their live show for The Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook… and robust conversations followed!
Last Sunday I was a guest on Hollywood based radio show, Film Courage, with David Branin and Karen Worden. I Skyped in for the interview and we enjoyed a full hour of robust film chatter! You can listen to that show here on my blog (using player below). Their show is a terrific and inspiring [...]
So it’s done. Season One of The Production Office LIVE! was broadcast with the usual mix of chaos, chatshow and Tiswasisms. If you missed the show you can catch up with it here. And now, ALL season one shows, plus bonus clips (such as the interview with Sheri Candler) are both on iTunes as a [...]
Film festivals are a great way to platform your film, to get it in front of audiences, and even to help cut deals with distributors. But they are also a quagmire, a cash and time drain, and sometimes, bitterly disappointing. Last year I spent a good six months touring the world with ‘Gone Fishing’ and [...]
Revolution is a word used too often. I have heard of revolution in film making again and again over the years. But now I believe we truly are inside of a real revolution. The ability to deliver high quality video over the web. The ability to market your film and connect directly with an audience. [...]
As if one podcast with Philip Bloom were not enough, here is the second one we recorded specifically for the blog. In it Philip talks about his summoning to the Skywalker Ranch to meet the Grand Moff George Lucas (above is the film that he shot on his 5D while staying there, and this is [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- FudgeUlla: RT @grahaminman: Django Unchained PDF #screenplay download http://t.co/KyhuYnPjY7 #scriptchat #indiefilm #GFilm »
- grahaminman: Django Unchained PDF #screenplay download http://t.co/KyhuYnPjY7 #scriptchat #indiefilm #GFilm »
- PostwomanMovie: RT @grahaminman: 80% of Filmmakers Are Not Building Their Audiences on Social Media: http://t.co/CxeySCZL7g via @filmcourage #gfilm #filmmaking #indiefilm »
- AmourSetter: RT @grahaminman: 80% of Filmmakers Are Not Building Their Audiences on Social Media: http://t.co/CxeySCZL7g via @filmcourage #gfilm #filmmaking #indiefilm »
- View All