Those who attended the Guerilla Filmmakers Masterclass 18 months ago will remember my good friend Gareth Unwin, still sizzling from his Oscars win with ‘The King’s Speech’, gave a cracking Q and A for us all (you can watch above). Well, he is at it again, this time at the Renior (London) tomorrow (20th December) [...]
Last night I attended a top secret test screening of a feature film at BAFTA. It was an incomplete cut of the movie, exported from Avid (DNxHD36 codec) at 1080P and transcoded to an H.264 Quicktime file at 8000kbps, with audio in AAC at 320kbps (entire file size just under 6gb). This file then played [...]
Watch the short film and read the feature script now… (plus get access to extra drafts and production paperwork like schedule and breakdowns) Then on Saturday June 18th, at the Apollo Cinema, watch the movie (on the weekend of its 200 screen release), followed by a 2 hour seminar with Writer/Director Jonathan Newman. Finally, we [...]
Here’s how the Hollywood Reporter broke the story… ‘Genevieve Jolliffe and Andrew Zinnes have set up the spec Absolute Angels at Warner Bros. Pictures, with Jolliffe attached to direct. Mosaic Media’s Charles Roven (The Dark Knight) and Alex Gartner (Get Smart) are producing. Karen Walton (Ginger Snaps) will do a quick rewrite on the project. [...]
NEW – Watch this video on iPhone or other mobile device by clicking here Over the last few weeks we have held two separate ‘Script To Screen’ events, one for zero budget horror ‘Dead Wood’ and one for the hundred grand Microwave feature ‘Shifty’. Both events were very different, were very well attended/received, and ended [...]
On Sunday March 28th we are running a special Script To Screen event at the Odeon, Panton Street, with BAFTA nominated writer director Eran Creevy and his film ‘Shify’. The video above is an excerpt of a longer video that will be part of the Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook, but it also gives you a [...]
BAFTA nominated ‘Shifty’, a Guerilla Film Makers Script To Screen presentation with writer and director Eran Creevy
Date: Sunday March 28th. Time: 12.00pm Place: Odeon Panton Street, London. (Seating is limited) Tickets £19 (plus booking fee and inc VAT) Meet Eran Creevy, one of this years BAFTA nominated film makers, for ‘Shifty’ (in the category of best first feature). We interviewed him for the new ‘Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook’, and were [...]
WARNING – This short is 18 Certificate and NOT FOR THE FEINT HEARTED (So mum, don't watch it!) Tonight at Ealing Studios, we are hosting a SOLD OUT event with the makers of the zero budget horror film ‘Dead Wood’. You can read about the event on the blog here. I interviewed them for the [...]
SOLD OUT – Meet Sebastian, Richard and David of Menan Films. We just interviewed them for the new Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook, but we thought thier journey was so extraordinary, we wanted to share it with the wider film making community now. Together, theses three guys made a no budget (literally, just sandwich money) horror [...]
What a GREAT DAY! Amazing. I knew that the ‘EXAM with film makers autopsy Q and A’ would go down well, I just didn't realise how much people would respond to it. I have been to lots of Q and A sessions after films and often found them a little light weight. I wanted this [...]
Empire reviews and feature are in for EXAM… and it’s a Pass With Distinction… and your last chance to get tickets for special film makers autopsy on Sunday afternoon
EXAM is officially released in cinemas today, and in case you have skipped the blog for the last week, let’s recap – we have a REALLY exciting event on Sunday afternoon (10th Jan), at the Odeon, Panton St, Central London at 2.15. The movie will be screened, not off 35mm as I had first thought, [...]
READ BELOW BEFORE WATCHING THE CLIP OK we have come up with something VERY VERY cool for film makers. EXAM screening, with SCREENPLAY and extended film makers autopsy with the writer, director and composer – VENUE Odeon, Panton St, off Leicester Sq., London, 2.15pm Writer and director of EXAM, Stuart Hazeldine, has been kind enough [...]
Do You Know How To Release A Feature Film Theatrically In the UK? Special Screening of EXAM and workshop on Sunday at the Odeon, Panton Street, Leicester Sq.
Come along to this special screening of ‘EXAM’ on Sunday January 10th at 2.15pm, Odeon Panton Street, Leicester Square where we first screen the movie, then the film makers reveal just how they made this low budget Brit psycho-thriller, got it into theatres and ended up with four star reviews from both ‘Total Film’ and [...]
Boy was it hurling it down like cats and dogs last night – so, to see a packed audience at the iMax theatre, with so many faces I recognised, was really wonderful. This screening of ‘Gone Fishing’ and Q and A session was part of DropShot 3, a kind of micro festival for film makers. [...]
Whoaaaah! Imax! I KNOW! First off, we are not on the BIG BIG screen, we are on the smaller BIG Screen upstairs – I will be there doing an hour long Q and A with Stephen Follows asking the questions on stage (Stephen ran the London based Super Shorts Film Festival when ‘Gone Fishing’ played [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- osmium10: The Urge plays Phoenix Comicon Friday 8.30pm & San Jose Genre Film Fest Saturday 1.55pm http://t.co/tK7zjxkzPt #indiefilm #filmmaking #gfilm »
- Flynnwriter: An amazing one day masterclass by the makers of Kaleidoscope Man (Phase 2 Funding) http://t.co/zGsGEy8WsU via @kickstarter #gfilm #indiefilm »
- janetvaneeden: RT @livingspiritpix: Making 'The Kings Speech' one hour masterclass and script, from #Gfilm masterclass http://t.co/HQpAWdwVAk »
- StevenBrunton: RT @livingspiritpix: Get your script performed at the London Screenwriters’ Festival http://t.co/4luPst1X3S #LondonSWF #Gfilm »
- View All