We are about to launch an internet radio station dedicated to screenwriting (exact date TBC pending a bunch of tech issues we are ironing out now) – www.RadioLSF.com. The station will feature lots of screenwriting masterclasses and interviews, but we want to break it up with music (tracks ideally between 2 mins and ten mins [...]
Over the weekend I put together this short slideshow from the London Screenwriters’ Festival. And in doing so, I was pretty much amazed and just how far we have come in three years – and now running our fourth festival this October. There is no greater indicator than the fact that we are now at [...]
We filmed most sessions for the London Screenwriters’ Festival and now have an archive of nearly 200 workshops, classes and seminars online inside our private delegate network. Today we began converting everything to MP3 files too, so all our delegates can listen to them as audio only podcasts. Fabulous actress and voice over artist Fleur [...]
At the London Screenwriters’ Festival we film most of the 100 or so seminars, workshops and talks, like this one with Harry Potter director David Yates. If you want to come next year, we are now offering our £24 a month deal, spread over ten months. Get Your Pass For LSF 2013 for £24 Per [...]
Thank you for this unforgettable time and life-changing experience. It was magical! Valeriya Ordinartseva, Screenwriter (Winner of LSF PitchFest Best Concept Prize 2012) The London Screenwriters’ Festival offers UK screenwriters more opportunities and inspiration over 3 days than BAFTA and BFI do in a year. Sure, it’s exhausting, but in a good way – like [...]
Pitching Thursday has now become a ‘thing’ at the festival – an extra day of Pitch training to get our delegates to prep them for the Pitchfest. This year, alongside Charlie Harris, we flew over pitching rock star Pilar Alessandra to kick everyone into high octane, top gear! We asked all our delegates if they [...]
This year saw our third outing for the LSF, bigger, longer, better and even more amazinger than ever. I will be reporting on the festival in much greater depth over the coming days, sharing some of the video session and offering guest blogs from speakers, but for now I just wanted to thank everyone who [...]
A few of the faces I saw around the festival today… Writer, Teenie Russell and Great American Pitchfest director Bob Schultz may be from different sides of the pond but have both been adding their personal charm to the festival and making friends wherever they go. Thomas Fletcher is a writer and filmmaker who would [...]
Mad Men writer and producer Lisa Albert in conversation with Mary Kate O Flanagan took us in depth though the scripting process as we together watched an early episode of the series, stopping and starting and going over the wheels within the engine. It was quite an odd way to view the show. For one, [...]
It was heartening to hear Bob Schultz say at the beginning of his interview with Frank Spotnitz that he’s been to many screenwriters’ festivals and that The London Screenwriters Festival is one of the best festivals he’s ever seen. I happen to agree, even though LSF is actually the only screenwriters festival I’ve ever attended. [...]
Last Saturday night, I was whisked away form the LSF to appear o the Sunny and Shay radio show with writer Mark Pallis. Here’s the recording. // // ]]> Download the MP3 file here for your iPod Onwards and upwards! Chris Jones My movies www.LivingSpiritGroup.com My Facebook www.Facebook.com/ChrisJonesFilmmaker My Twitter @LivingSpiritPix Sign up to my [...]
A few of the people I met around the festival today… Aideen McCarthy, festival volunteer and writer/director she has been manning the desk at The Great British Pitchfest. It’s been going really well she says! Eben Skilleter is pitching a detective drama today, getting an agent’s card in the process and with some prospects lined [...]
“I’m a great believer in the front row.” Says one delegate as the room fills up for this seminar on TV writing. Just a couple of rows behind I can’t help thinking that up at the front absorbing to these talented writers. Christopher Walker, Jed Mercurio, Tony Marchant & Julian Friedmann take the stage. Julian [...]
Stephen Follows interviewing Gareth Unwin and Lisa Bryer is quite the collection of Producer talent to have on one stage. What is the collective noun for a group of Producers anyway? My feeling after this is that it should be an ‘importance.’ These are the people who get films made and champion a screenwriter’s work.. [...]
In Another corner of Herringham Hall at LSF is The Big Idea Bookstore, with a huge array of books, many of which get discounted because you’re cutting out the middle man and buying direct from the author. Because the books are from people known to the festival or even speaking at it, they’re exactly [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- osmium10: It's really tough out there http://t.co/e972vlfN9D #filmmaking #indiefilm #screenwriting #gfilm #scriptchat »
- grahaminman: Who's going to "How To Fund A Film" on the 1st of June? http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #London #Filmmaking »
- osmium10: Swiss screenwriting competition http://t.co/oWUk80UUG6 #screenwriting #scriptchat #gfilm #filmmaking #indiefilm #amwriting »
- ekingfarlow: HUGE thanks to @DocSummit & @livingspiritpix plus all the GREAT speakers & #GFilm helpers for an exhausting & inspiring #DocSummit wknd! :-D »
- View All