About.me is a new, elegant and simple online tool that creates a clean and modern looking contact / resume style page for you. It features all your links, sites, a bio and photo. It’s elegant, simple and I believe it will take off. Why? It has the great and memorable URL, www.about.me, its fast and [...]
One of the big reasons I switched from Typepad to WordPress was the awful way in which Typepad handled comments. It was just horrible and clunky and usually ended up in me not engaging as much as I wanted to do as the system would get in the way. Now I am on WordPress, that [...]
Do you have Klout? http://klout.com/#/livingspiritpix Klout is an online tool that analyses and rates your social media presence, engagement, influence, outreach… however the heck you want to describe it, and offers up a single simple score. As of writing this, my Klout is 61 (in a range from 1 to 100, where Lady Gaga is [...]
It’s a regular occurrence on the internet, ‘can we have your feedback / comments please?’ If you are like me, the temptation is to skip this and leave nothing. I ask ‘what’s in it for me?’ In reality, leaving feedback has a number of agendas / payoffs. Here’s the obvious stuff. 1. You get to [...]
I have started adding Facebook ‘like’ buttons to all of my posts on the blog. This is a really simple way to generate more traffic. Now, with this ‘like’ button, visitors can click it and my blog entry will then appear in their activity stream. That way all their FB friends can see that they [...]
Yep that's Wilbur. More on him at the end of the post. Big news for us though. It’s time for us to make a change. For years now our email user group has been growing and it's time to move to a new home, to a shiny email system which delivers a much better service [...]
Branding, both for you and your projects, is now essential for anyone working the creative industries. Part of that is having an easy to communicate URL that is also Google friendly. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the key to getting rated as high as possible in search engines and one way to help is to [...]
So a funny thing just happened. I just got an email from Amazon which recommended my own book to me! I have never had one of those emails. So why now? Simple. This is a direct result of the request I made a few weeks ago, for readers to leave reviews of the Guerilla Film [...]
‘EXAM’, the feature which I associate produced last year, premiered at Edinburgh to great reviews this summer, and has just got a full page rave in this months coming Empire Magazine. You can see the write up here. Speaking with writer and director Stuart Hazeldine this afternoon, it became clear that the world really has [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- ElliotM2312: RT @livingspiritpix: Making 'The Kings Speech' one hour masterclass and script, from #Gfilm masterclass http://t.co/HQpAWdwVAk »
- livingspiritpix: Making 'The Kings Speech' one hour masterclass and script, from #Gfilm masterclass http://t.co/HQpAWdwVAk »
- grahaminman: RT @livingspiritpix: One hour masterclass on 'Lonely Place To Die' with screenplay http://t.co/t9Y81zwfDO #Gfilm »
- livingspiritpix: One hour masterclass on 'Lonely Place To Die' with screenplay http://t.co/t9Y81zwfDO #Gfilm »
- View All