Did you know you can edit your Facebook URL to be much shorter? Ideal for business cards. So my URL is http://www.facebook.com/chrisjonesfilmmaker Which I can manually edit down to fb.com/chrisjonesfilmmaker which is much better for business cards. If you want to get your vanity URL for your Facebook page, I wrote a post on it [...]
I am sitting here reading an article about how some boffins who have developed a DIY 3D printer have reached $50k of their $300k goal on IndieGoGo in just two days – I am sure they will reach their goal. Only five years ago they would have been pitching to venture capitalists, or worse, getting [...]
If blogging is where you share your thoughts, Facebook is where you connect with friends and Twitter is where engage in short conversation, Tumblr, is kind of like that shoebox under your bed, full of random but very cool stuff. Tumblr is a microblog with a strong emphasis on images and video, though it can [...]
Film makers, want your own branded daily newspaper? Get YOUR Paper.li to promote your work or brand.
Paper.li is an online newspaper that is published, automatically, every day. The content for YOUR paper.li is generated by feeds from your Twitter and Facebook accounts, plus other sources you setup – so it’s personal to you. If you follow people with great content, it will draw from that stuff to create your branded, daily [...]
As a film maker I am in the business of communication. It is the cornerstone of my business. Communicating big ideas with the world. Communicating stories with financiers, backers, actors, producers and broadcasters. And communicating with my community, sharing my journey and sometimes asking for help. As I write this I am downloading 79 emails. [...]
About.me is a new, elegant and simple online tool that creates a clean and modern looking contact / resume style page for you. It features all your links, sites, a bio and photo. It’s elegant, simple and I believe it will take off. Why? It has the great and memorable URL, www.about.me, its fast and [...]
Do you have Klout? http://klout.com/#/livingspiritpix Klout is an online tool that analyses and rates your social media presence, engagement, influence, outreach… however the heck you want to describe it, and offers up a single simple score. As of writing this, my Klout is 61 (in a range from 1 to 100, where Lady Gaga is [...]
Is social media useful for film makers or a distraction? Last Sunday I did a live radio show in LA, Film Courage, which went out to thousands of film makers around the world. I blogged about it in my last post where you can hear the podcast here. The final question in the show is [...]
We all love something AMAZING and FREE! Film makers, download a great book on social media and film making!
As the debate around BECTU and the minimum wage rages onward (read my post here and the replies at the bottom of the post), so a great example of the future for film makers appears online for free. Yes free. Not always free though, it’s a paid for book sometimes, but right now, this week [...]
OK so thanks to everyone who got involved. READ SLOWLY, it's confusing. Just like FACEBOOK! OK so a little back history to this. Over the last few weeks I had been researching Facebook and discovered there are two kinds of entities you can have – Pages (aka Fan Pages) and Groups. Which to choose? Facebook [...]
I am in the final furlong now… The deadline for The Guerilla Film Makers Pocketbook is February 8th, and it’s all hands on deck in the Living Spirit office. I printed the book out last Friday and was horrified at how many blank pages I saw, and how little time remained. And so, I engaged [...]
I want to let you know the extraordinary story of something happening right here and now in our own country. A few years ago, I interviewed a film maker called Janis Sharp, for my Guerilla Film Makers Movie Blueprint book, about a micro budget feature film she had made called Lunar Girl. You can read [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Get Your Script Read AND Performed at the Actors Table Read. May 22, 2013
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- osmium10: The Urge plays Phoenix Comicon Friday 8.30pm & San Jose Genre Film Fest Saturday 1.55pm http://t.co/tK7zjxkzPt #indiefilm #filmmaking #gfilm »
- Flynnwriter: An amazing one day masterclass by the makers of Kaleidoscope Man (Phase 2 Funding) http://t.co/zGsGEy8WsU via @kickstarter #gfilm #indiefilm »
- janetvaneeden: RT @livingspiritpix: Making 'The Kings Speech' one hour masterclass and script, from #Gfilm masterclass http://t.co/HQpAWdwVAk »
- StevenBrunton: RT @livingspiritpix: Get your script performed at the London Screenwriters’ Festival http://t.co/4luPst1X3S #LondonSWF #Gfilm »
- View All