So a high court judge has now said the Pirate Bay must be blocked from the UK by ISP’s. Yawn. That will take anyone with the slightest bit of know how about 10 seconds to get around. The tighter they squeeze, the more it will slip between their fingers. Very few people want to download [...]
As part of the London Screenwriters Festival we will be filming some of the sessions. How these sessions will be made available in the future is part of a wider plan that, for now at least, I can’t quite reveal (I will very soon though). In order to do this, we will need to able [...]
Following on from last weeks post about camera mounts for 5D MkII, I was sent a link for another kind of mount – a helikite. It’s a mix between a helium filled blimp and a kite, and allows the camera to make very smooth aerial shots. The clip above is probably shot using a helikite, [...]
One of the problems with any image capture system, be it film or digital, is that of the available latitude. That is, the difference between absolute black and absolute white – latitude. This ‘scale’ is measured in photographic ‘stops’, (aka ‘F stop’ or ‘T stop’). As a film maker you will be familiar with these [...]
Finally, USB3 has arrived – ‘so what’ I hear some of you say. Well USB 2 has served us all well for many years, but as anyone who has worked in post production knows, in these HD days, throwing around terabytes of data is commonplace, and while USB 2 drives are cheap and have enormous [...]
Santa came early for me this year. I was given a shiny new and lovely Apple TV as a gift from Lucia, and I am rather excited! I asked for it early as I wanted it up and running before Christmas so that if there was a problem, I can get it sorted before everyone [...]
Good lord! I was just sent this… the film is above, the cutting from the BBC news site below. Irrespective of whether this really cost $300, or if the reported deal does come off or not (I sense a great deal of hyperbolae) I am sure that this guy is destined for great things. Terrific [...]
It’s that time of year again, when I look to the digital assets created in the last year, and consider the data archiving needed. I know from experience the utter terror and anguish caused by a data loss or a hard drive crash – I had a bad on in the late nineties, and since [...]
Over the last few days I have been working with some corporate clients on a very ambitious film. I can’t say what and who, but I can tell you of a few exciting things I have experienced. First off is 3D on a TV (we may be making a film in 3D). I saw a [...]
For some time now I have been aware of the micro budget feature film, Four Eyed Monsters, which was made by two US guys with nothing but determination, ambition and a lot of savvy. The half hour presentation above really illustrates who they are and how much they put into the endeavour. There’s huge amounts [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- robertgwilsn: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- osmium10: I always said this would happen http://t.co/oeWZKo4e2X #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #screenwriting #indiefilm »
- Megachrist: RT @grahaminman: #VampireMob creator @JoeWilsonTV on @indiegogo http://t.co/aYcCBMsYkE #crowdfunding #indiefilm #gfilm »
- Megachrist: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- View All