Highest rated speaker at the 2010 London Screenwriters Festival, Linda Aronson, is coming to town to run her landmark two day workshop on Advanced Screenwriting and Parallel story telling. When: November 12th and 13th How Much: £119 – discounted for blog readers to £65 (use code CHRISJONES) FIRST 50 TICKETS ONLY Where: Regents Park http://www.21stcenturyscreenwriter.com/ [...]
Every serious film maker, writer, investor, actor, agent and distributor will be in one square mile of the French Riviera this May. YOU NEED TO BE THERE TOO! Welcome to a unique two part workshop, the first in London (or online), the second IN CANNES on the day of your arrival! Yes, we will meet [...]
Having an open and frank conversation with young people is always a challenge. And that’s what I did today, at the Barbara Speake Stage School – with a group of about 50 or so aspiring performers, aged between 11 and 15… A long and deep chat… about wizardry! That’s what I believe we story tellers [...]
Final 2 hours added to Online Masterclass, with many extra hours of bonus material added, including Alex Fazeli!
When I was in LA, I met with film maker Alex Fazeli, shot an interview, and I wrote about it on the blog at the time. His interview is a bonus feature of the now, 14 hour Guerilla Masterclass: Making The World Class Short Film, that is delivered totally online. His interview is about his [...]
After the dust is settling on The Heart Of Gold Film Festival, I thought I would share with you some of the comments I received from the film makers who attended the two day Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass Redux! It seems the new first day, which is about much deeper and I believe important issues, [...]
I have been working on the final section of the online Guerilla Masterclass about the making of Gone Fishing. One aspect we discussed is that of email communication. Clearly, it’s a fast and economic way to communicate. But… it has many drawbacks. I have just had some email communications in the last few days that [...]
I am delighted to announce that the Gone Fishing seminar that we shot at BAFTA, at the premiere, is now live on the internet. It’s taken us some time to get it all constructed because it’s so detailed and dense with information. We also went back and reshot some inserts too. But the big reason, [...]
My life is starting to fill up with choices. Tough choices. For the first time ever in my career I have been forced to turn down work, and to add to the amazement, really good work too. In the last few weeks I have been offered a really great little film for Ford, and also [...]
Since we began our Facebook campaign a day or two ago (which is going very well, so please keep up the energy), I have had a pile of emails about the photo that I have on my Facebook profile. This was taken last year at a Star wars Expo event in central London where I [...]
What an incredible seminar we had last night with Stuart Hazeldine. I think it was one of the very best we have ever held. Stuart talked for two hours about being a professional writer for Hollywood. His insights were candid, entertaining, practical and pragmatic, but most of all, extremely inspiring. I am delighted that we [...]
What a week! I have been neck deep in courses and seminars and I am just grabbing five minutes now to write the blog – tonight I am hosting an event with Hollywood Screenwriter Stuart Hazeldine, which I hope will be cracking – it’s a sell out event with 120 people coming! I have just [...]
There’s what you know you don’t know, but it’s what you don’t know that you don’t know that gets you…
I am exhausted this morning. Yesterday I ran a completely new course about career planning and strategies for success in film. This has been bouncing around in my subconscious for a couple of years now, and I formalised it a few months ago in a PowerPoint presentation. Unlike my Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass, this one [...]
I have been working on my script and reading more and listening to other writing teachers. Aristotle’s name has come up repeatedly, and shamefully, while I knew the broad strokes of his work, I had never read his book on Poetics. Clearly it’s in public domain so I went to the web to find it, [...]
LEARN NEW TACTICS TO POWERFULLY 'GET THE BEST DEAL'! We are delighted to announce that we have secured TWO places on a terrific Negotiation course run by The Negotiation Academy, valued at £1,250 each… and you could win one! I did this course myself last year and found it to be extremely useful, highlighting many [...]
I am running a completely new half day seminar. Got to pay for Cannes some way! Here are the details… Building A Successful Career In Film is a new seminar by Chris Jones, author of The Guerilla Film Makers Handbook and veteran feature film maker. ‘Have you ever wondered why it’s been taking so long [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- robertgwilsn: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- osmium10: I always said this would happen http://t.co/oeWZKo4e2X #filmmaking #gfilm #scriptchat #screenwriting #indiefilm »
- Megachrist: RT @grahaminman: #VampireMob creator @JoeWilsonTV on @indiegogo http://t.co/aYcCBMsYkE #crowdfunding #indiefilm #gfilm »
- Megachrist: RT @livingspiritpix: Top tweeters from #docsummit @FreyaB_73 @jakebexx @ShayanScott @studio75London @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- View All