If you want to make the most out of your limited resources, look at the locations you have and tailor your screenplay to match what is available. I am in the thick of production on a very ambitious drama to be shot on DSLR next week, and the budget is really, really tight. Today I [...]
Micro Budget Film Making Law Number 8… Get A Single Shooting Location To Fulfill Multiple Story Locations
What a wonderful bit of serendipity. On Friday, the opening day of the festival, at 55 minutes past midnight (which I know is technically Saturday), BBC 2 is screening ‘Urban Ghost Story’. What a simply marvellous way to open the festival! So if you have never seen it, now is your chance. It was screened [...]
As the dust settles after the screening of ‘Urban Ghost Story’ on the BBC this week, I thought I would do a final post to share some stuff that I have had requests for. Above is the ‘making of’ documentary from the DVD. Made around 2002 before Genevieve headed for Hollywood… The full 30 pages [...]
Amazing news – the screening of ‘Urban Ghost Story’ last night won, YES WON, the rating for that time slot – of the hundreds of channels available in the UK, ‘Urban Ghost Story’ captured 11.5% of all viewers, with just under half a million people tuning in to watch the movie – we out performed [...]
Wow! So ‘Urban Ghost Story’ played on BBC1 last night – I got loads of emails and texts during the screening, a kind of live commentary from friends. Awesome! It’s been a long time since I have watched it and I was surprised by all sorts of details that had slipped my mind. And I [...]
Read a whole chapter from 'The Guerilla Film Makers Hanbook' on the making of Urban Ghost Story, premiering on BBC1 tomorrow night
As promised over the weekend, in advance of the UK Network TV premiere of ‘Urban Ghost Story’ tomorrow night (Tuesday) on BBC 1, here is the complete chapter from the Guerilla Film Makers Handbook about how we made the film. It’s a PDF and 1.6mb in size, so will take a moment to download. After [...]
Last week I got a call form the BBC to tell me that my third feature film, Urban Ghost Story, would be playing on Tuesday the 13th of October at 12.05 at night (which is obviously Wednesday morning really!) And since it has been announced in the various TV guides, I have been getting loads [...]
I met today with Lise Romanoff of Vision Films. Lise handles international sales for feature films and sells both White Angel and Urban Ghost Story. I went over with Genevieve to get the low down on the international market for commercial Indie films of varying budgets. We had a great chat and met her team, [...]
- Craig: I have been advocating this approach for some time...
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- London Doc Summit 2013 Success…. and one delegates first film… May 21, 2013
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- FreyaB_73: RT @DocSummit: Big thanks to all the panelists and delegates for the 2013 London #DocSummit. Thanks to @livingspiritpix & the #GFilm crew for their efforts »
- DocSummit: Big thanks to all the panelists and delegates for the 2013 London #DocSummit. Thanks to @livingspiritpix & the #GFilm crew for their efforts »
- BoxerLemm: RT @livingspiritpix: Have you seen our feature promo for #50kisses yet? http://t.co/uLa40bMzt8 #Gfilm »
- PecintaMovie: RT @grahaminman: How To Fund Your #Film -Private investment, protected by SEIS / EIS #UK http://t.co/c642ddnoWz June 1st #London #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- View All