At the comedy writers festival this year, we are filming most of the sessions so that delegates can watch those events after the festival closes. In the run up to the festival, we hosted three workshops, the first of which we filmed and will be premiered LIVE tonight, April 5th, at 7.30pm UK time. This [...]
What can you expect from the Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass? Inspire, Educate and Connect… This video blog was shot at the Heart Of Gold Film Festival when I was running the class in Australia and it will give you a feel for the ‘vibe’ of the experience. Of course you can’t get any sense of [...]
I just discovered that there is a brand spanking new Misery Bear webisode, starring KATE MOSS (!) released today for Comic Relief. You can watch above. Any film maker will immediately see the references to other movies, but for me, the uber-low tech way the Misery Bear films are made is what makes them so [...]
The final day of the festival… and rumours are, we have a Production Office TV show next Thursday night! Watch this space… Enjoy…! Onwards and upwards! Chris Jones, Film Maker and Author www.livingspirit.com email@example.com
We filmed this terrific interview yesterday with Chris Vogler as he could not make it to the Screenwriters Festival this year. His work on ‘The Hero’s Journey’ through his workshops and books has transformed many screenplays. In the interview, Chris offers insights into screenwriting in 2010, shares ideas on how the Hero’s Journey can be [...]
Editing ‘Kick-Ass’, interview with Editor Eddie Hamilton – includes full post production workflow chart
Yesterday I met with my old pal and editor, Eddie Hamilton. Eddie cut ‘Gone Fishing’ (trailer here) for us and most recently (you can buy it here), he has spent 18 months working on Kick-Ass as one of the editors, alongside Jon Harris and double Oscar winner Pietro Scalia, who Eddie speaks about in this [...]
NEW – Watch this video on iPhone or other mobile device by clicking here Over the last few weeks we have held two separate ‘Script To Screen’ events, one for zero budget horror ‘Dead Wood’ and one for the hundred grand Microwave feature ‘Shifty’. Both events were very different, were very well attended/received, and ended [...]
For those of you who missed the whole Gone Fishing World Premiere at the Rhode Island Film Festival on the blog, here is the whole edited Video Blog, one Webisode after another. I wanted to document the journey for other film makers who had not yet attended a major international film festival – so it’s [...]
WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST! So it’s all over. What an incredible journey. And we won! We are now officially in the race for the nominations for the Oscars 2009. Can you believe it? I certainly can’t. After the awards, I went back to my room and crashed out for 2 hours, I had burnt up [...]
Watch the video first… spoiler alert…! The schedule for the evening went very behind today, and so what should have been a seven o’clock kick off for the closing night gala screenings, became an eight o’clock kick off. The queue around the block was astonishing! Really, a thousand people queuing to see the movie for [...]
It’s the Day before the final screening and everyone is getting very excited. Producer Ivan Clements is flying in tomorrow for it, and the awards ceremony on Sunday. HDCam is being presented in the theatre, the Columbia on Broadway, and it looks great, but I have chosen to go with the 35mm print as it [...]
Watch the video first, then read on… So the opening night took place. There were 2,000 people in the audience… And yes, there were some technical problems. But, I survived and the audience loved it! It appears that the projector that was supplied, while excellent, was fitted with a fixed focus and fixed focal length [...]
Day 2 began with a trip to an old theatre that serves as HQ for the RIIFF, where we met all the guys who run the event.� Registration and parties lay ahead, as did the spectre of catastrophic technical problems at the opening night gala… The next 24 hours of my life were not as [...]
The Journey to the Rhode Island International Film Festival has begun. Our hope is of course, to win an award, but also, I am trying to take us all on the journey too – and so we are making this video blog to capture the sights and sounds of an international film festival where your [...]
So the Kodak Screenings have begun, and yesterday I attended the afternoon screenings and we made this short video here. I am attending again today, and will be there during the week at various points too. If you can make it, we would love to see you there. Go on, you know you want to [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
- Trust is the only currency in an untrustworthy business… stunning presentation from Producer with more credits than most DVD collections! May 10, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- alli_and_that: Throwing a few more cents into the ring - think hard about your perks when you crowdfund: http://t.co/4GSV3wPV2I #scriptchat #gfilm »
- osmium10: Polanski re-releasing F1 doc http://t.co/U8yL4UotJt #filmmaking #indiefilm #gfilm #cannes #scriptchat #screenwriting »
- andrewelias: RT @grahaminman: June 1st #London - How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- grahaminman: June 1st #London - How To Fund Your #Film in 2013 http://t.co/c642ddnoWz #GFilm #IndieFilm »
- View All