I just sent out an email about my upcoming Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass, and it got me thinking more about 2012. And upon reflection, I am pretty sure that 2012 will be the year that the film business changes forever. Here are a few of my thoughts… Kodak may go bankrupt in 2012 It’s been [...]
Watch Sam Jackson’s Secret Diary… extraordinary story behind a micro budget British feature by Guy Rowland
Writer, composer and good friend of mine, Guy Rowland, made a unique feature film a few years ago and has just released it online 100% free. The story behind the film is both extraordinary AND a stark reminder to ‘get on with it…’ I asked him to share some of his experiences. His ‘Making Of…’ [...]
Guest blogger David Wilkinson of UK Distribution outfit Guerilla Films, tells us about the longer term impacts of the riots and the fire at the Sony distribution warehouse. What was I to do with 1,400 DVD’s of RABBIT ON THE MOON a British/ Mexican co-production that were only selling 4-5 copies per year? I asked [...]
- Mark Morris: I think the promo proves you are making something ...
- Jacob: Great reply, wow what great video!...
- Mark Davies: Yes, this is seriously wonderful. Notwithstandi...
- Dane Jones: Beholder reminds me a little of the soundtrack fro...
- Dale Sumner: Thanks Chris - look forward to hearing from your t...
- Does the National Minimum Wage (NMW) mean the end of micro budget film making the UK? March 7, 2010
- BECTU debate and the National Minimum Wage… March 19, 2010
- Avid or Final Cut Pro X? Tips for setting up your first feature film cutting room. January 25, 2012
- It’s time for film makers to take action over distribution… it’s OUR problem, not theirs! April 27, 2012
- The phone rang, and from that moment, everything changed… PART 1 October 3, 2009
- Amanda Palmer and her TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ May 20, 2013
- Final Call for the London Documentary Summit this weekend May 16, 2013
- ’50 Kisses’ Promo Released… what do you think? May 16, 2013
- Space Oddity: It’s cool on SO many levels! May 14, 2013
- Notes for emerging composers… how to get noticed by producers May 13, 2013
Watch The Most Recent Show
- FreyaB_73: RT @livingspiritpix: Amanda Palmer and he TED talk on Crowdfunding, ‘The Art of Asking’ from #docsummit delegate @vegetarianjelly #Gfilm »
- simonreglar: RT @livingspiritpix: Have you seen our feature promo for #50kisses yet? http://t.co/uLa40bMzt8 #Gfilm »
- ikonicfilms: Couple of shots from different versions of Advice in here: MT @livingspiritpix: feature promo for #50kisses http://t.co/YECw6LCwKW #Gfilm »
- FreyaB_73: RT @livingspiritpix: Read our #Tweetreach report for the #Docsummit - we reached 50,000 accounts over weekend #Gfilm »
- View All